Layer7 API Management

• 1.  CA MAG DR set up

Posted Aug 20, 2018 01:48 PM

We currently have active and passive MAG infrastructure, where the passive MAG site should be seamlessly login mobile app users when the active site goes down. Because the mobile devices have MAG ID registered by the active MAG, all the mobile OAuth logins are failing on passive/DR site. Instead of forcing users to re-install the app and re-initiate the device registrations, I'm thinking to replicate the external OAuth/mag database across the data centers to have a seamless DR failure. Please let me know if my approach is correct otherwise please suggest me the right way of solving the issue.

• 2.  Re: CA MAG DR set up
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 20, 2018 08:25 PM

Hi Kamala,

If you have an active-passive configuration, then I believe you would want to do exactly what you suggested: replicate the data in the OAuth database from active cluster to the passive cluster so that in the event that production traffic needs to move to the passive cluster, you're able to continue with little to no interruption at all.

From the documentation, you may also be interested in using the Amazon Web Services for Multi-AZ deployments which will include a standby database for failover. You could then set your passive environment to point to the standby database. Ref: https://docops.ca.com/ca-mobile-api-gateway/4-1/en/install-mag/using-amazon-web-service

I hope the above answers your question.

• 3.  Re: CA MAG DR set up

Posted Aug 21, 2018 10:05 AM

Thank you very much Dustin