Clarity

• 1.  Where to find missing attributes in V15.4 which no longer has _V views?

Posted Aug 21, 2018 12:58 AM

V15.4 will drop _V views.  This includes:

_CAPTION attributes - the value from the Lookup

_MAP_NLS attributes - if your attribute has Display Mappings this was the Description used in the display mappings

_COLOR attributes - if your attribute has Display Mappings colors, this attribute would return the color

These are not in the _V2 views which remain in V15.4.

For the _CAPTION attributes, you can link back to cmn_lookups_v, but you will have to no which look-up is being used, where as the _V view used to provide that information automatically.

How will PPM clients now access _MAP_NLS and _COLOR (and other attributes) which are no longer available in PPM V15.4?

• 2.  Re: Where to find missing attributes in V15.4 which no longer has _V views?

Posted Aug 21, 2018 04:32 AM

If you have the version where _V2 views are you got the view definition and get it from there.

• 3.  Re: Where to find missing attributes in V15.4 which no longer has _V views?

Posted Aug 21, 2018 09:29 AM

I've got access to v13.3, v15.1, v15.3 and v15.4.1.1, none of the _v2 views have these attributes.  Which version of PPM do you believe have them?

• 4.  Re: Where to find missing attributes in V15.4 which no longer has _V views?

Posted Aug 21, 2018 10:22 AM

Sorry to say, I do not know.

If you say

This includes:

_CAPTION attributes

_MAP_NLS attributes

_COLOR attributes

I thought you knew.

I've only used this type

LEFT   OUTER JOIN CMN_LOOKUPS_V priority
                 ON   priority.lookup_code = c.priority_code
                 AND  priority.lookup_type = 'Z_PRIORITY'
                 AND  priority.language_code =  @WHERE:PARAM:LANGUAGE@ 

• 5.  Re: Where to find missing attributes in V15.4 which no longer has _V views?

Posted Aug 21, 2018 10:24 AM

I've got some other versions if you can guess which is worth checking.

• 6.  Re: Where to find missing attributes in V15.4 which no longer has _V views?

Posted Aug 21, 2018 08:26 PM

Thanks, but I've checked the versions I've got access to, and the _V2 views do not have all the attributes which _V have.  V15.4 drops all the _V views associated with Objects, so if clients are using code which are using _V views, the code will no longer be valid in V15.4.

I'm going through removing connections to database views _V, but can't find the same attributes which were previously available in earlier versions of PPM which had _V views.  _V2 views do not contain all the same columns which _V have.

For example, the Status Report - the attribute Overall Status  (COP_OVERALL_STATUS) is a calculated attribute - the calculated score in on _V2 views, but _V includes COP_OVERALL_STATUS, COP_OVERALL_STATUS_COLOR, COP_OVERALL_STATUS_COLOR_NLS, COP_OVERALL_STATUS_MAP, COP_OVERALL_STATUS_MAP_NLS.  

Some of the reports are using COP_OVERALL_STATUS_COLOR to determine what image to display on their custom Status Report.  This way, if the ranges associated with COP_OVERALL_STATUS are modified, the report doesn't have to change as _V automatically used to be updated when the ranges were modified.

If there isn't away to get to the logic associated with COP_OVERALL_STATUS_COLOR, then the only option is to 'hard code' the ranges in the reports, and to remember to change them when COP_OVERALL_STATUS is modified.

Just using the above as an example of one attribute which all PPM clients are using.  The same applies to every attribute in PPM which is either a look-up, or has ranges.  _V used to have all this logic, which V15.4 now no longer provides.  I don't want to go down the path of 'hard coding' the ranges but unless someone can provide an alternative to how to obtain this data, there will be a lot more 'hard coding' in PPM customisation in V15.4 - which is just wrong.

Out of interest, is anyone using _V database views?  If so, you will hit the same issue when you upgrade to V15.4.