Rally Software

• 1.  Single team or kanban board for all sprint work

Posted Aug 21, 2018 02:32 PM

Is there a team board where we can view all of the team's work items in a sprint (i.e. stories, tasks, defects OR tasks, defects)?  Teams are bouncing between Task and Kanban boards in order manage their work which consists of Tasks and Defects.  Other tools I have used have boards that included stories, tasks and defects on a single board.  Very useful.

I have searched the app and consult with our in-house admin, but does not seem to exist currently.

• 2.  Re: Single team or kanban board for all sprint work
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2018 02:42 PM

Hi Michael,

Can the Iteration Tracking app help?

Iteration Tracking | CA Agile Central Help 

You can add it to your (every person's) dashboard. You can filter the iteration/sprint with the drop-down on top and you can scope it to a specific project in the app settings for a specific team.

You can add it from App Catalog.

If not helpful, can you be specific about what it's missing?

Thanks.

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Single team or kanban board for all sprint work

Posted Aug 22, 2018 07:37 AM

Thanks Sagi.  I did look at this app before and there is not a way to display the tasks on the board like in the image below.  You can click the task icon on the story to display them which is a feature here and on the team board and what my team is using now.

• 4.  Re: Single team or kanban board for all sprint work

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 22, 2018 09:12 AM

Hello Michael,

Have you tried using the Work Views page or a custom list?

Work Views | CA Agile Central Help 

It's not a board but will give you all the information that you are looking for and allows to add custom and advanced filtering.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Christian 

• 5.  Re: Single team or kanban board for all sprint work

Posted Aug 27, 2018 01:08 PM

Hey Christian,

Thank you for the suggestion.  However, my desire/need is for a kanban board.  Moving tasks and defects easily to the next state from a singular board...that is the need.  Appears with Rally it is just not possible.