AutoSys Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

How to UnInstall CA Workload Automation AE Server for 11.3.6

• 1.  How to UnInstall CA Workload Automation AE Server for 11.3.6

Posted Aug 21, 2018 09:21 AM

How to UnInstall CA Workload Automation AE Server for 11.3.6.SP3?

I am able to find link for Uninstall CA Workload Automation System Agent - 11.3 but could not able to find link for Uninstall CA Workload Automation Server  - 11.3. Hence request you to give the link for 11.3.6

• 2.  Re: How to UnInstall CA Workload Automation AE Server for 11.3.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2018 09:36 AM

Hello,

The following steps can be applied both for 11.3 and 11.3.6 Releases:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-ae/11-4-2/en/installing/ae-installation/unix-uninstall-ca-workload-automati… 

I hope this can help.

Thanks,

Roya

• 3.  Re: How to UnInstall CA Workload Automation AE Server for 11.3.6

Posted Aug 21, 2018 10:07 AM

Hi Roya

Thanks for reply.I have already gone through that link But I don't have upgrade setup. Your link refers to upgrade setup. When I clicked on my 11.3 setup I didn't get upgrade welcome page and remove option. Could you confirm both setups are same or not?I am referring to Unix (wa_setup.sh) .

Regards,

Ramanaraochl,

• 4.  Re: How to UnInstall CA Workload Automation AE Server for 11.3.6
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2018 03:11 PM

Hi Ramanaraochl,

Thank you very much for your reply.

The following is an extract of CA Workload Automation "Server" 11.3 Release: 

CA Workload Automation AE UNIX Implementation Guide r11.3 (page 339): 

Uninstall CA Workload Automation AE

To uninstall CA Workload Automation AE

1. Log in as root.

2. Mount the CA Workload Automation AE media.

3. Change directories to the mounted file system and run the following command:

./wa_setup.sh

The Welcome page appears.   < ======

4. Select Remove and click Next.

The Remove Product page appears. < =====

So if you do not get the "welcome page" and the "remove option",

the problem is probably related to your 11.3 instance being copied or modified manually (either originally or at some point later) instead of being installed properly.

Please register a case at CA Support so that we can provide further assistance through webex.

Thanks,

Roya 

• 5.  Re: How to UnInstall CA Workload Automation AE Server for 11.3.6

Posted Sep 01, 2018 10:45 PM

Hi Ramanaraochl,

Were you able to uninstall/upgrade WAAE with the information shared by Roya? Can you please mark the response as correct if it was helpful? if you need further assistance, please update this thread.

Thank you,

Chandru

• 6.  Re: How to UnInstall CA Workload Automation AE Server for 11.3.6

Posted Sep 04, 2018 03:35 AM

Hi Chandru,

I am able to uninstall WAAE using "remove" option.

Thanks for help Roya. 

Regards,

Ramana Rao cH L,

• 7.  Re: How to UnInstall CA Workload Automation AE Server for 11.3.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 04, 2018 04:18 AM

You are very welcome Ramana. I am happy to help.

Have a nice day,

Roya

• 8.  Re: How to UnInstall CA Workload Automation AE Server for 11.3.6

Posted Sep 05, 2018 09:32 AM

Hi Roya,

I am facing another problem with installation of Autosys Server. 

I followed the suggestion from above and used "remove" option while running "wa_setup.sh" to un-install Autosys server. After that I tried to install autosys server again. But i am getting "AEDB_DATA" tablespace does not exist.

But when i checked from SQLPLUS Client i am able to find "AEDB_DATA" tablespace. I have tried around 8 times to install Autosys server but could not able to install got struck up with "AEDB_DATA" tablespace does not exist. Could you help out where these values will be stored. Also could you help out where can i find installation log for troubleshooting the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramana Rao CH L,

• 9.  Re: How to UnInstall CA Workload Automation AE Server for 11.3.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2018 06:55 AM

Hi Ramana,

The encountered problem seems to be related to a permission issue.

During the installation procedure, you can find the installation logs under the /tmp directory.

Please check the log related to CreateAEDB.pl under /tmp directory to find the query it is trying to run.

Then run the same query by sqlplus and verify the outcome.

You can register a case with CA Support so that we can provide further online assistance through a webex session.

Thanks,

Roya

• 10.  Re: How to UnInstall CA Workload Automation AE Server for 11.3.6

Posted Sep 06, 2018 07:45 AM

Hi Roya,

I don't see CreateAEDB.pl in /tmp directory. Are you sure that this file will be created for 11.3.6 SP3. I assume this file will be created for SP5 and above.

I need one more clarification when i am checking the installation log i found that "Autosys4.5" in the log file. Could you explain is there anything wrong? Why Autosys 11.3.6 installation file will call Autosys4.5? Please check the below log file and clarify why "4.5" came in this log.

17:46:31 +++ Package "ca-waae-db", version "11.3.6.671" read from file "/Linux/WorkloadAutomationAE/RPM/ca-waae-db-11.3.6-671.i386.rpm"
    17:46:31 +++ Package "ca-waae-scheduler", version "11.3.6.671" read from file "/Linux/WorkloadAutomationAE/RPM/ca-waae-scheduler-11.3.6-671.i386.rpm"
    17:46:31 +++ Package "ca-waae-server", version "11.3.6.671" read from file "/Linux/WorkloadAutomationAE/RPM/ca-waae-server-11.3.6-671.i386.rpm"
    17:46:31 ++ Packages read successfully

17:46:32 ++ Call script "as_prepif.sh"
    17:46:34 ++ Script executed successfully
    17:46:34 ++ Call script "as_prestart.sh"
    17:46:37 ++ -- WA: Before WA component check.
    17:46:37 ++ -- WA: WA:.
    17:46:37 ++ -- WA: After component check.
    17:46:37 ++ -- WA: AutoSys r11:.
    17:46:37 ++ -- WA: AutoSys 4.5:.
    17:46:37 ++ -- WA: AutoSys r11:.
    17:46:39 ++ Script executed successfully
    17:46:39 ++ Start GUI: VT100 (dialog= dlgWelcome)

Regards,

Ramana Rao CH L,

• 11.  Re: How to UnInstall CA Workload Automation AE Server for 11.3.6

Posted Sep 06, 2018 03:26 AM

Hi Chandru,

I am facing another problem with installation of Autosys Server. 

I followed the suggestion from above and used "remove" option while running "wa_setup.sh" to un-install Autosys server. After that I tried to install autosys server again. But i am getting "AEDB_DATA" tablespace does not exist.

But when i checked from SQLPLUS Client i am able to find "AEDB_DATA" tablespace. I have tried around 8 times to install Autosys server but could not able to install got struck up with "AEDB_DATA" tablespace does not exist. Could you help out where these values will be stored. Also could you help out where can i find installation log for troubleshooting the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramana Rao CH L,