Clarity

• 1.  Actuals for Program zero in Project List View

Posted Aug 22, 2018 10:30 AM

Programs List View:

Projects List View of same program, shown above:

- Programs when listed in Programs list view, display the sum of Actual Hours from attached child projects.

- When viewing same programs in Projects list view, or portlets based off Project object, expect to see same summary of Actual Hours.

- Instead, see zero Actual Hours

- Investment Allocation job is running correctly, with hierarchy hours summing correctly in Programs' Hierarchies

Question 1:  How to show Actual Hours of Programs in custom, Project object based portlets and in Project list view?

Question 2:  Is this a known bug?

Dale

• 2.  Re: Actuals for Program zero in Project List View
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 22, 2018 12:46 PM

Hi Dale,

Regarding question 2 on whether this is a known bug, this one is working per design.  This data won't display on the project list for programs, though it does display on the program list like you are seeing. (Here's a KB I found for this one: ETC and Actuals of Program are zero in the Project - CA Knowledge for more details)

Regards,
    Kristin Schroer

• 3.  Re: Actuals for Program zero in Project List View

Posted Aug 22, 2018 01:40 PM

Thanks for the info Kristin.

User Story:  Need ability to create a standardized, editable portlet showing programs with actuals, that can be shared.

Solution:  Create portlet from Project Object using Personal\Dashboards

Except this doesn’t work.

I see Programs as a data provider, now – will try this and expect it to work.  Unfortunate as customer wanted to have the ability to filter for projects in the same portlet when necessary.  This means I have to create and maintain two separate portlets where one would have sufficed.  Nothing worse than fields showing wrong data, by design and calling it ‘working as designed.’  It’s still a failure.  Thankfully, I’m not flying an airliner based on these displays.

Still, I appreciate your feedback as it has saved me much trouble and I should have a way forward.

Dale