CA Service Management

• 1.  Refresh Non Prod Environments

Posted Aug 22, 2018 09:04 AM

We would like to periodically refresh our non production environments with the production reference tables data for development, troubleshooting etc

• We do not want to restore the database each time we do a refresh
    • Tables include contacts, config items, attr_alias etc
    • Configuration items should maintain the PR own_resource_uuid and the CORA data
    • We will not refresh call_req, chg, wf  etc data
    • Products: Service Desk, Service Catalog
    • At this time, removal of PI from ca_contact and other tables is not a requirement.

I could write a SSIS package, but this would take time, and there are products I can buy.  However, I am looking for a CA solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

• 2.  Re: Refresh Non Prod Environments

Posted Aug 22, 2018 09:17 AM

Hi John,

I'm not sure if this will help, but you could have a look at the 'CA SDM Configuration and Customization' feature that was introduced r14.1 & r17.1?

CA SDM Environment Promotion - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Refresh Non Prod Environments

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2018 09:44 AM

john.wohlgemuth 

Were you able to look at the 'CA SDM Configuration and Customization' feature that Brian_Mathato referred you to?

• 4.  Re: Refresh Non Prod Environments

Posted Sep 04, 2018 08:35 AM

john.wohlgemuth I think this is the promotion utility we tried sometime back for schema publish promotion between staging and production. I went through the article and can be discussed more.

Thanks

ArunavaS

• 5.  Re: Refresh Non Prod Environments

Posted Sep 07, 2018 05:49 PM

Hey Arunava,

When i read the document, it seemed to imply that we could only promote from lower environments to the production environment.  

Can we promote from lower to higher envionnents and vice versa?

Thanks,

John

• 6.  Re: Refresh Non Prod Environments

Posted Sep 10, 2018 08:12 AM

Hi Wohlgemuth,

In my opinion, I don't see why not. The utility does not in any way know how to distinguish between lower environment vs. prod environment.

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 7.  Re: Refresh Non Prod Environments

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2018 12:42 PM

john.wohlgemuth 

Do you require any additional assistance on this topic?

If not, please mark one of the provided responses as correct so that this thread can be closed.