Test Data Manager

• 1.  Javelin SFTP Download "At least one authentication method should be specified."

Posted Aug 22, 2018 04:43 PM

Hello,

I use Javelin and the function SFTP - Download File, but when I execute the flow if generates the next error:

SftpDownloadFile: At least one authentication method should be specified.
    Parameter name: authenticationMethod

Who I can extract multiple files and fix this error?

I fill all the Property Names that are necessary:

And I select the method of the autentication:

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Javelin SFTP Download "At least one authentication method should be specified."
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 22, 2018 05:05 PM

John,

What version of Javelin are you running?

I tested this successfully with 2.0.300.10 (shipped with TDM 4.5).

Regards,

Sean

• 3.  Re: Javelin SFTP Download "At least one authentication method should be specified."

Posted Aug 22, 2018 10:27 PM

Hello Sean,

My version is 2.0.200.2.. I will update to the 2.0.300.10 acording to your information

• 4.  Re: Javelin SFTP Download "At least one authentication method should be specified."

Posted Aug 23, 2018 08:17 AM

Hello Sean,

Perfect it works with this version, how I can download multiple files, I need download all files with a specific extención, ".dmp" and then upload to a other server all the same files.

Thanks.

• 5.  Re: Javelin SFTP Download "At least one authentication method should be specified."

Posted Aug 23, 2018 11:27 AM

John,

Glad that's working...

So, the current SSH/SFTP actions either can get a single file, or an entire directory:

Automating Secure Shell Activities - CA Test Data Manager - 4.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

If you want only *.dmp files that are in a specific directory that might include other files, you have 2 choices:

1. Get the entire directory, then call for each object on each *.dmp file in the local directory (after the remote directory has been downloaded). Your For Each Object can use a .NET method like this:

System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(localDir, "*.dmp")
    2. List the remote file names (via SFTP – Get Files), then call for each object to download each .dmp file using SFTP – Download File.