CA Service Management

• 1.  How can I make Knowledge document not visible for a role in the categories view

Posted Aug 22, 2018 10:47 PM

Hi,

Would like to how can I make Knowledge document not visible for a role in the categories view.

I have configure the visibility to be draft is searchable by this role. The remaining status are not search able until the document is publish. In the knowledge Tab it is not searchable but in the categories view it is still visible.

Below are the setting of the role

Below is the view I saw with this role on the knowledge Tab and categories view

• 2.  Re: How can I make Knowledge document not visible for a role in the categories view

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2018 11:24 AM

Hi Guan,
    In the Knowledge Categories click the "Advanced Search" button. What do you have in the Status drop down?  By default, the selection set to <empty>.
    Derek

• 3.  Re: How can I make Knowledge document not visible for a role in the categories view

Posted Aug 23, 2018 09:46 PM

Hi Derek,

I saw is empty but clicking the drop down I notice all status can still be selected.

• 4.  Re: How can I make Knowledge document not visible for a role in the categories view

Posted Aug 24, 2018 09:13 PM

Hi Derek,

Try to set on role's Knowledge Document Visibility to Have default criteria when searching Knowledge Documents with Stored Query ACTIVE_STATE=1 and (STATUS_ID=10 or STATUS_ID=70 ) still it does not influence the Knowledge Categories view. It still display all three status ( Draft (status_id=10, Publish (status_id=70) , Evaluate ).

Regards

Guan Hua

• 5.  Re: How can I make Knowledge document not visible for a role in the categories view
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 25, 2018 09:57 PM

Hi Derek,

I seem I can only achieve invisible to role in Knowledge categories view with data partition modification to make it allow visible when it is Draft (status_id=10) , Publish (status_id=70)  or Retired (status_id=80) on the skeletons table. This work around make what I set in the Knowledge Document Visibility of the role align. With either user uses the knowledge Tab search or Knowledge categories search they will still view the same list of Knowledge document returned.

• 6.  Re: How can I make Knowledge document not visible for a role in the categories view

Posted Aug 27, 2018 07:55 PM

Hello Guan,

Thank you very much for documenting this. 

I like your solution so much that I've written it up to a Knowledge Document to record this as best practice.

How to restrict Knowledge Categories to be visible by Status and Role?

If any further improvements come along on this thread, we may be able to update that document in the future.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 7.  Re: How can I make Knowledge document not visible for a role in the categories view

Posted Aug 28, 2018 01:29 AM

Hi Kyle,

Appreciated.

Regards

Guan Hua