Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

How to send response without an incoming request message

• 1.  How to send response without an incoming request message

Posted Aug 23, 2018 05:02 AM

Hi All,

I've a situation to handle as below. 

Sometimes, when the request message is processing/DB connection is down/ environment is down...., etc like these situations I need to send the asynchronous response message. So please help me on, how to configure this in VSI.

• 2.  Re: How to send response without an incoming request message
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 23, 2018 11:13 AM

I believe the community will need more information to provide guidance.  The basic assumption is that a virtual service works on the notion of having some type of triggering event which we call a request. 

Will the consumer send every request to the virtual service, and the expectation is that the virtual service will only respond if the 'Live' endpoint is unavailable?

If the consumer sends every request to the virtual service, what is the protocol used by the consumer? (i.e., HTTP, Java, JMS or MOM-based, TCP, etc.)

If the consumer does not send every request to the virtual service, what process would you expect the virtual service to perform to identify that a back-end system is unavailable; and, if the virtual service does not have a specific request, how would the virtual service know which response to send asynchronously (assume you mean this is a MOM-based architecture)?  

• 3.  Re: How to send response without an incoming request message

Posted Sep 05, 2018 10:46 AM

Hello Suryateja,

Let us know if Joel's response helped you.

Heloisa

• 4.  Re: How to send response without an incoming request message

Posted Sep 11, 2018 01:24 AM

Yes Maria. Thanks J_NeSmith