Clarity

• 1.  is it possible Remove filter portlet on a custom sub-Object List Page?

Posted Aug 23, 2018 11:25 AM

Hello,

Is it possible to completely remove a Filter Portlet from the Custom sub-Object(Parent Object is Project) List page?

Please share your views and thoughts.

Regards,

Rakesh

• 2.  Re: is it possible Remove filter portlet on a custom sub-Object List Page?

Posted Aug 23, 2018 03:43 PM

Hi Rakesh, 

I am assuming thag you want to know if itsi possible to remove the Filter section from a custom object's list view page, right? If my understanding is correct, then I would like to confirm you that it's NOT possible. 

That list page is a page that is designed for all the objects, as soon you create it. You can keep the List Filter section collapsed or expanded based on your requirement, but you cannot remove it, neither can you hide it. Hope that answers your question.

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 3.  Re: is it possible Remove filter portlet on a custom sub-Object List Page?

Posted Aug 23, 2018 04:46 PM

Hi Abhishek,

I thought so too, the reason I want it to be removed is because the User will never need that and it probably will never be used.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rakesh

• 4.  Re: is it possible Remove filter portlet on a custom sub-Object List Page?

Posted Aug 24, 2018 10:36 AM

Hi Rakesh,

You could remove all fields from the filter view. If you wish to prevent users from ever configuring the filter view, you could disable the ability to configure the view by clearing out the checkbox for "Allow Configuration". 

Thanks,

Regards,

Debroop

• 5.  Re: is it possible Remove filter portlet on a custom sub-Object List Page?

Posted Aug 24, 2018 11:00 AM

Debroop is right. You can do this and it will serve the purpose that you are looking for, Rakesh. 

Just one more thing: you have to uncheck the "Allow Power Filter". That will make it perfect.

It will look like this.

Cheers!