CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to open SDM ticket from Support Automation

• 1.  Unable to open SDM ticket from Support Automation

Posted Aug 23, 2018 10:38 AM

Hello,

We have configured Support Automation in CA Service Desk 14.1 and we are able to open Live Assistance and able to create new ticket both incident and request when we click on Create new in Live Assistance.

Even the ticket is being created in CA Service Desk but when Support Automation trying to open the ticket just opened, giving error as mentioned below

Sorry, it was not possible to launch Service Desk Manager (error UNKNOWN).

When I have opened the logs under supportautomation folder.

155.70.39.45 - - [23/Aug/2018:10:02:27 -0400] "GET /SupportAutomation/jsp/servicedesk/sdmPageOpen.jsp?sdmPageType=ticket&loginId=400802&ticketObjType=cr&refNum=1903889 HTTP/1.1" 302 -
    155.70.39.45 - - [23/Aug/2018:10:02:27 -0400] "GET /SupportAutomation/jsp/servicedesk/error.jsp?error=NO_SUCH_SDM_TICKET+sdmPageType=ticket HTTP/1.1" 200 2362

SupportAutomation trying to open the ticket with 1903889 but actually, ticket number is REQ:1903889. It's not picking the prefix used for the ticket numbers i.e. for Incident INC: and for Request REQ.

SupportAutomation creates ticket with correct prefix but unable to fetch it correctly.

Is there any location where to change this prefix so that SupportAutomation search correct ticket number.

Thanks

MM

• 2.  Re: Unable to open SDM ticket from Support Automation

Posted Aug 28, 2018 04:20 PM

Hello MM

I tried to duplicate your issue described without success, so I got some questions for you.

1. When you create a new ticket from the SA screen, do you get the id of the ticket in the screen in exchange from the link "create new"?

2. When the ticket is created do you use a default out of the box template or did you created a particular template?

• 3.  Re: Unable to open SDM ticket from Support Automation

Posted Aug 29, 2018 04:57 AM

Hello,

Yes, I am getting ticket number but not prefix I.e. if ticket created with number INC:4563456 , In live assistance, it's showing 4563456. As it's only showing ticket number rather than including prefix also, it's not opening the ticket number after creating ticket number.

Yes, I have tried with both default and custom templates. Issue is remained same.

As per my troubleshooting, there must be some code in live assistance, which only taking number without prefix.

Thanks & Regards

Mayur Malhotra

• 4.  Re: Unable to open SDM ticket from Support Automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2018 08:28 AM

Hello,

Just to be clear, the problem is in trying to access an existing ticket through SA?  The creating part through SA is working?

Did this work before?  Do you see this with specific users?  Does the given end user that this problem is experienced have a default ticket type in place (incident instead of request)?

• 5.  Re: Unable to open SDM ticket from Support Automation

Posted Aug 29, 2018 08:33 AM

This is also not working with existing tickets as it's showing ticket number without prefix. If we click on ticket number, live assistance trying to open ticket number without prefix which is not available and giving error that this ticket number does not exist.

This is happening with all users. Even with request and incident both.

Thanks & Regards

Mayur Malhotra

• 6.  Re: Unable to open SDM ticket from Support Automation

Posted Aug 29, 2018 02:47 PM

Hello David,

I just want to share more information on this issue.

There are two ways to innitiate Support LIve Assistance Session.

1. From Already opened incident/Request section Support Automation. By clicking Invite End User. When Live assistance Session opens up, we are getting correct Incident/request number as mentioned below to this screenshot.

when we click on the ticket number, we are able to open ticket.

2. Second method to innitiate live assistance with employee as when Employee innitiate from Live Chat. When Analyst click on Create New , a ticket is being created but it's showing ticket number without Prefix due to this. Support Automation/Live Assistance is not able to open ticket number.

Thanks

• 7.  Re: Unable to open SDM ticket from Support Automation

Posted Aug 31, 2018 02:50 PM

Hello MM

Which cumulative patch do you have? Can you please attached the History file?

I tried to duplicate the behavior but I was not able to do so in a 14.1 CUM3

• 8.  Re: Unable to open SDM ticket from Support Automation

Posted Aug 31, 2018 03:04 PM

We are at 14.1 without any patch. We have customized the ticket numbers through spell (pre_validate) to insert prefix for incident INC: and request REQ: and problem PRB:. We have achieved from spell because by out of the box, there is only one prefix possible for all the three incidents,problem, request.

Have you tested with this type of spell?

Thanks

• 9.  Re: Unable to open SDM ticket from Support Automation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2018 04:00 PM

mayur.malhotra.1 

Do you have any plans on applying the latest CA SDM 14.1 CUM#5 patch?

There has been lots of issues addressed and enhancements made since the GA version of CA SDM 14.1 that you are using.

• 10.  Re: Unable to open SDM ticket from Support Automation

Posted Aug 31, 2018 04:07 PM

Yes, we are having plans to migrate to 17.1 by End of this year.

I will try to add cum 5 in development first then check whether our issues will get resolved if it's then we will try to apply cum5 in production soon.

Thanks

• 11.  Re: Unable to open SDM ticket from Support Automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2018 04:16 PM

mayur.malhotra.1 

Sounds good.

For your reference, here is a link to the CA SDM 14.1 CUM#5 installation documentation - Implementing CA Service Management 14.1.05 - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation