CA Service Management

• 1.  File->Copy ticket function do not copy wf tasks

Posted Aug 25, 2018 07:08 AM

Hi there folks.
    I'm having a problem with CA SDM and hope you can help me.
    When I create a ticket that has a category with workflow tasks, the ticket is created with the wf tasks. Everything is ok til here.
    However, If I copy any ticket with workflow tasks, the ticket is copied but without the wf tasks.

I've been searching in Google and the community but haven't find any solution. I found that this problem was solved (fixed issue DE31291) in version 14,1,04. However, it seems that this doesn't work again.

This are the steps I follow to check:

-Assign workflows tasks to a categroy. I used the 'Hardware' category and assigned tasks to Incident, Request and Problem tabs.
    -Create a ticket with that category. The wf tasks appear in the Relationship tab.
    -Copy the ticket (File -> Copy). I fill all the mandatory fields. I didn't modify the ones that are copied from the old ticket.
    -Press save. The ticket is created without the wf tasks.

Do any of you have experienced the same problem? Do you know how to solve it?

In our company we are using CA SDM 17.0. All the tests have been made in a clean installation of CA SDM

Thanks in advance!
    Greetings

• 2.  Re: File->Copy ticket function do not copy wf tasks
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 26, 2018 11:13 PM

Hi,

on my system running r17.1 the File / Copy operation copies a ticket and adds workflow tasks (as expected, these are new tasks raised from the ticket category) .  I suggest you check for updates to r17.0 on support.ca.com and raise a Support ticket.

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: File->Copy ticket function do not copy wf tasks

Posted Aug 27, 2018 02:23 AM

Hi James, 

Thanks for your answer.
    I'm going to do what you say. I'm going to open a support ticket to CA to confirm if this issue has been solved in the new version.
    I will give you the feedback to help other users.
    Greetings!

• 4.  Re: File->Copy ticket function do not copy wf tasks

Posted Aug 28, 2018 02:22 AM

Hi there,
    Finally I opened a ticket to CA Support. They did some tests and told me that in CA SDM v17.1.0.1 the workflow tasks are copied when you copy a ticket.
    As we have planned to update to new version soon, we will solve the problem with this update.
    Greetings.