DX NetOps

• 1.  CAPM Re-Discover of devices

Posted Aug 27, 2018 09:01 PM

Hi All,

Whether CAPM does auto re-discover of devices if any device is updated ? If means where do i see those setting .Spectrum is integrated with PM .Also also confirm whether we can forcefully rediscover a device like eHealth

• 2.  Re: CAPM Re-Discover of devices
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 27, 2018 09:32 PM

Are you referring to Device Change Detection and Updating Device Reconfiguration Automatically ? If yes, please see below 

Device Reconfiguration - CA Performance Management - 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Rediscovery of a device can also be done from Monitored Items Management: Monitored Devices

Manage Devices - CA Performance Management - 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: CAPM Re-Discover of devices

Posted Aug 27, 2018 10:15 PM

Thanks Phani ,This looks good .I have rediscovered a device but i could not see the events related  to rediscovery happened  in the event tab .Any idea?

• 4.  Re: CAPM Re-Discover of devices

Posted Aug 27, 2018 10:34 PM

If the reconfiguration / rediscovery happened , you should see something like below 

• 5.  Re: CAPM Re-Discover of devices

Posted Aug 27, 2018 11:51 PM

Yeah got it seems to updated is happening slow

• 6.  Re: CAPM Re-Discover of devices

Posted Aug 28, 2018 10:13 PM

Hi Phani ,

I am trying to enable auto re-discover from Monitoring profiles .Many of the profiles are showing lock symbol ,whether these are default profile which can't be edited ? We need to copy the profile and add the metric type what needs to re-discovered ? Will it not do all metric type like ehealth at a time. Kindly suggest on this.

• 7.  Re: CAPM Re-Discover of devices

Posted Aug 29, 2018 01:35 AM

Yes, you cannot edit the profiles with the lock, you need to make a copy of the existing profile and use that to make changes or create a new one.  CA PM works differently to that of eHealth , here you have the option to choose specifically which metrics you would like to collect from the device and eHealth lacked this functionality 

• 8.  Re: CAPM Re-Discover of devices

Posted Aug 29, 2018 02:56 AM

Ok Phani Thanks ,I hope metric families also will get updated during this process .Kindly confirm .