Clarity

• 1.  Which access right allows modifying project end date?

Posted Aug 27, 2018 09:51 AM

Hello,

What is the name of right that allows user to automatically extend project end date after extending end date of any staff member from team tab.

Basically, my requirement is when project managers extend end date of team member beyond project end date, they receive insufficient privilege message. They will have to contact admins to extend the projects/assignations in this scenario. Their other access rights should remain as is.

Removing "Project - Edit" rights removed the access to edit other properties as well so we don't want that option.

Please suggest if you have other options.

CA PPM 14.3 and 15.4 versions.

• 2.  Re: Which access right allows modifying project end date?

Posted Aug 27, 2018 10:00 AM

Hi Devendra, 

Try providing these 3 rights to the Project Manager on a global level: 

Resource - Hard Book - All
    Resource - Soft Book - All
    Resource - View - All

Let me know if that helps. 

Cheers. 

• 3.  Re: Which access right allows modifying project end date?

Posted Aug 27, 2018 10:35 AM

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks.
    Project Manager is already able to extend project end date when he extends end date of resource in team tab beyond project end date. I need to remove this ability without affecting his edit rights on other attributes of project. 

• 4.  Re: Which access right allows modifying project end date?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 27, 2018 10:59 AM

Hi Devendra, 

I do not think that is possible then. I just checked by adding a newly created resource as the project manager of an existing project. That gave him the Project Manager - Auto access right. Along with that I added Project - Navigate global right so that the "Project" link appears in his Application (or Home) Menu. 

In this case, I see that the resource being the project manager can see all the attributes but cannot edit much. This remains the same for the Team - Staff page also. So basically, if you want the other attributes to be edited by him, you have to provide Project - Edit related rights and that will enable him to edit the team allocations also. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 5.  Re: Which access right allows modifying project end date?

Posted Aug 27, 2018 11:14 AM

Thanks Abhisek. That was my thought as well.