IT Process Automation

• 1.  PAM alerts to Spectrum?

Posted Aug 27, 2018 10:14 AM

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if IT PAM process automation tool can send traps to SPECTRUM? If so is there a trap mib that I need,  to receive those traps in spectrum.

TIA

• 2.  Re: PAM alerts to Spectrum?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 27, 2018 10:44 AM

I am not familiar enough with spectrum to give a 100% answer, but we can sent events to spectrum.  Please review the connector documentation here:

Operators of CA Spectrum Connector - CA Process Automation Connectors - CA Technologies Documentation 

and let us know what further questions you may have.

• 3.  Re: PAM alerts to Spectrum?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 29, 2018 10:21 AM

pmurt,

We create Spectrum events from PAM via two methods:

1) Use the Create Event Operator, as Michael has suggested.  Make sure that your "Attribute IDs" on the Operator match the Spectrum AlertMap files.  (e.g. varbind 101 on PAM Operator field is mapped to varbind 101 on Spectrum AlertMap file).  Also, make sure that you're pointing to the correct Spectrum Server on the Operator.  

2) Use the HTTP Post Operator, and directly inject an alert into Spectrum via a REST call.  There is information about how to do this in the "Web Services" documentation on the Spectrum side.  Basically, you're crafting a (rather large) XML string in PAM using JavaScript, and sending it over to Spectrum.