Clarity

• 1.  Services status to an Email

Posted Aug 28, 2018 02:54 AM

Dear All,

I was just trying to find, is there any way to find the status of the clarity PPM 14.3 services that are running on a windows 12 machine and print them over an email.

We have around 12-13 servers in which CA PPM is installed and as part of daily health check, we do have to manually validate the status in all these servers. So instead trying to find some way to automate by capturing the information to an email and sending it to right stakeholders.

Thanks,

Sai

• 2.  Re: Services status to an Email

Posted Aug 28, 2018 07:04 AM

Hi Sai, 

What happens when you go to any of those Application Servers and open the Command Prompt as Administrator and run the command "service status all"? Did you check if that gives you any PPM services in return?

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 3.  Re: Services status to an Email

Posted Aug 28, 2018 08:14 AM

Dear Abhisek,

Thanks for the response. Currently we do run the command  "Service status all " to validate the status of the services every day.

But, I have around 6 application servers for Production and 4 more for Training Environment in our project. So we are ideally logging into almost 10 servers daily and running the command "Service status all" in each one of them.

I was trying to find if there is any other approach that can help me in doing my job by NOT logging into the servers manually at all.

If this is doable, then I can save almost 20-30 minutes of time in validating the service status and then sending emails to stakeholders.

Thanks,

Sai

• 4.  Re: Services status to an Email

Posted Aug 28, 2018 08:19 AM

You can use some Monitoring tool to keep a track of the PPM services and monitor them regularly. 

Another way is to write a script which will start the Service(s) once it is down. CA (Clarity) PPM, as an application, does not have any feature to notify you once its service(s) is/are down. 

• 5.  Re: Services status to an Email

Posted Aug 28, 2018 07:21 AM

Hi Sai,

I am not very sure about this, but, you can check the Local Services on each of your CA PPM remote servers and see if this helps?!

Suhail.

• 6.  Re: Services status to an Email

Posted Aug 28, 2018 08:16 AM

Dear Sayed,

Yes, we can fetch that infromation by opening the services window and to find the individual applciation service along with its status. But just trying to find a way an approach if someone had followed. where we can schedule it and it can share the status of all the services configured in that server without even manual login.

Thanks,

Sai

• 7.  Re: Services status to an Email

Posted Aug 28, 2018 08:22 AM

Just wondering if CA APM has an answer to Sai's question! (Application Performance Management (APM) - CA Technologies )

Suhail.

• 8.  Re: Services status to an Email

Posted Aug 28, 2018 01:03 PM

If you look at service.bat status all it invokes a jar com.niku.nsa.service.Niku.

So the two options I see are using powershell to invoke-command on each of the servers to get the status.  Combine these results into a single string and then use the send-mailmessage to send the email.

A simpler approach would be to run service.bat in a scheduled job (some interval) on each server and save the output to a file.  Then your powershell just needs to sweep up the files and either send them as attachments or reading each of them into the message. 

V/r,

Gene