CA Service Management

• 1.  I need to change message popup of CA USS

Posted Aug 28, 2018 05:36 AM

Dear all,

I need to change message popup of CA USS. After I click submit button in Report an Issue form. Please help me.

• 2.  Re: I need to change message popup of CA USS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2018 06:49 AM

Good Afternoon Sopon.

This is a kind of general statement, reading:
    The USS-UI is difficult to customize. Almost all of it, is 'hardcoded' in the widgets as installed. 
    Sometimes it is possible to change something on 'colors' e.g. through .css file(s).

In other words, customizations allowed on USS are very limited. 
    You cannot customize USS on the similar level of SC or SDM. 
    The only things you can do are changing logos, company name, etc. 
    Please check the below page for this:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/administering/configuring-unified-self-service/modify-unified-self-service

Should however any one else in the Community got this customization implemented, then let's see in this thread.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and kind regards, Louis van Amelsfort.

• 3.  Re: I need to change message popup of CA USS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2018 08:57 AM

Sopon,

As Louis mentioned, customizing USS is always a challenge and remind that by doing so, if you upgrade it then these customization might need to be re-done.

Anyway, one thing you could try is running the "Agent Ransack" utility to search for the string / message you want to modify.

Ex.:

In this case, it seems these messages are stored in language files under "C:\Program Files\CA\Self Service\OSOP\tomcat-7.0.40\temp\0-front-office-hook\WEB-INF\classes\content".

Check if that would help you.

Regards,

Roberto

• 4.  Re: I need to change message popup of CA USS

Posted Aug 29, 2018 01:34 AM

Dear Roberto

I check under folder "C:\Program Files\CA\Self Service\OSOP\tomcat-7.0.4\temp\0-front-office-hook\WEB-INF\classes\content" . I don't see the message.