Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Re-opening CA PPM Link in New Tab Issue

• 1.  Re-opening CA PPM Link in New Tab Issue

Posted Aug 28, 2018 07:18 AM

Hi there,

I have noticed of late that whenever I try to re-open a CA PPM link in a new tab, it just goes blank on most occasions. On some occasions, I refresh the new tab and it works. We are using CA PPM v14.4. Has anyone else seen such an issue? If yes, any workaround? I usually use either Chrome or Firefox for CA PPM and regularly delete everything from the browsing history.

Thanks,

Suhail.

• 2.  Re: Re-opening CA PPM Link in New Tab Issue

Posted Aug 28, 2018 07:22 AM

Hi Suhail, 

If the issue is happening only with you then please try to reset your HOME page to, may be, your current timesheet. Logout and then check if you can replicate the same issue. Hope that helps. Will be waiting to hear back from you. 

Regards,

Abhisek Dhar

• 3.  Re: Re-opening CA PPM Link in New Tab Issue

Posted Aug 28, 2018 07:25 AM

I was talking about this one. In the screenshot I showed for the admin account, you do it for your account. 

• 4.  Re: Re-opening CA PPM Link in New Tab Issue

Posted Aug 28, 2018 07:26 AM

Hi Abhishek,

I am a CA PPM Admin of my team and this issue also occurs with other CA PPM users (not having Admin rights). along with me We followed all the steps mentioned above in my original message related to browsers, but, not of much help.

Thanks,

Suhail.

• 5.  Re: Re-opening CA PPM Link in New Tab Issue

Posted Aug 28, 2018 07:33 AM

Hi Suhail, 

Right, you cleared the browser history, cookies or caches what I understood from your original message. I was suggesting you to reset the home page for any one of the affected user and click "Set to current timesheet". The issue might be happening because of too many portlets in your default PPM homepage. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 6.  Re: Re-opening CA PPM Link in New Tab Issue

Posted Aug 28, 2018 07:50 AM

Hi Abhishek,

I did as you told me, but, in vain. I am not sure if you understand the issue in full - the CA PPM website opens as usual, however, when I enter within the tool and open on any link/section in a new tab, it fails on most occasions. My Overview page does not have any Portlets except for the usual ootb Portlets.

Thanks,

Suhail.

• 7.  Re: Re-opening CA PPM Link in New Tab Issue

Posted Aug 28, 2018 08:03 AM

Hi Suhail,

Thanks for checking the same. So you mean its not the homepage but whenever you open a PPM link as "Open in a new tab", you face the blank screen quite often. If I understand you correctly now, then please try to flush application caches. See if that helps. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 8.  Re: Re-opening CA PPM Link in New Tab Issue

Posted Aug 28, 2018 08:09 AM

Thanks, Abhishek. The issue still persists even after flushing the security caches. The CA PPM link/section does not open in a new tab i.e. shows a blank page even after refreshing it several times.

Suhail.

• 9.  Re: Re-opening CA PPM Link in New Tab Issue
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 03, 2018 03:19 AM

Hi Suhail,

When you open any link/section as a new tab, a new tab will have a correct URL?

And could you find a new request from client browser to PPM server for this new tab?

You will be able to check app-access-xxxx.log to find requests from client.

If there is no error/warning message in app-ca.log, I think that new request by new tab may not be created. 

If you find new request of new tab in app-access-xxxx.log, your network(proxy, firewall) may block this request. 

If you click F5 key to reload page on blank page, the correct page will be reloaded?

Regards,

Shoichi 

• 10.  Re: Re-opening CA PPM Link in New Tab Issue

Posted Sep 03, 2018 09:29 AM

Thanks, Shoichi. Somehow the open in new tab issue for the CA PPM tool is not occurring today. The log files don't show an error as obvious. However, I will be keeping an eye on this tomorrow. It may have to do with the number of users logged in at the same time on this tool thereby creating performance issues or may be browser related or something else. In the past, when this issue occurred, I did a refresh on the new tab using F5, but, the issue was not resolved. I will update my observations here soon.

Regards,

Suhail.

• 11.  Re: Re-opening CA PPM Link in New Tab Issue

Posted Sep 05, 2018 05:01 AM

I am not able to find an issue now with the open in new tab issue, so, I will mark this question as answered.

Thanks,

Suhail.