Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

JASPERSOFT 6.4 INSTALLATION ERROR

• 1.  JASPERSOFT 6.4 INSTALLATION ERROR

Posted Aug 28, 2018 10:35 AM

When I finish the installation of jaspersoft 6.4 I get this error:

install:
    Updating property file: D:\JS64\JS64stag\buildomatic\default_master.properties
    BUILD FAILED
    D:\JS64\JS64stag\install.xml:289: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    D:\JS64\JS64stag\install.xml:900: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\JS64\JS64stag\install_8\01_111054.log (The system cannot find the path specified)

The next path does not exist previously in the "staging" folder and it seems that the installer does not create it either.

D:\JS64\JS64stag\install_8\01_111054.log (The system cannot find the path specified)

Could you help me with this?

• 2.  Re: JASPERSOFT 6.4 INSTALLATION ERROR

Posted Aug 28, 2018 01:40 PM

Hi Ricardo,

Are you running the installer from a mounted ISO or have you copied the installer locally to a folder in the root of the C or D drive on the machine (it appears you are using windows here based on your paths)?   I would recommend copying the contents of the Jasper Server install media to a folder on the root of a drive called "jspr", and then run the installer from there.  I have come across some permissions issues and some other odd things when running the install from a mounted ISO. 

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: JASPERSOFT 6.4 INSTALLATION ERROR

Posted Sep 03, 2018 02:00 PM

Thank you very much Jon for your help.
    What I did was copy the ISO into a folder called "JS62-stg" and then I ran the installer from there.
    But it did not work anyway.
    According to CA, it is a possible error related to jaspersoft 6.4 and Oracle in RAC mode.
    They will let me know when they have a patch that resolves this.

• 4.  Re: JASPERSOFT 6.4 INSTALLATION ERROR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 04, 2018 11:19 PM

I dont think so this is anything related to Oracle RAC, it could be Java and JRE path is not set properly. 

• 5.  Re: JASPERSOFT 6.4 INSTALLATION ERROR

Posted Sep 07, 2018 02:40 PM

Yes, maybe it's related to Oracle-RAC.

The JRE path works.

When I installed Jaspersfot 6.4 It didn't work, then I installed Jaspersoft 6.2 and then ran the 5.2.1.4 path. And the latter did not work.

That's why CA sent me a new install file. XML with Oracle RAC statements.

When I included this file in my staging. The installation jaspersoft 6.2.5.2.1.4 worked

• 6.  Re: JASPERSOFT 6.4 INSTALLATION ERROR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2018 05:05 PM

We had a bug in Jaspersoft 6.2 with Oracle Rac but not for 6.4. Please raise a support case and we will take a look at your environment 

• 7.  Re: JASPERSOFT 6.4 INSTALLATION ERROR

Posted Sep 10, 2018 03:13 PM

Thanks Suman, we already presented a case # 01172148. This is being seen by CA.

• 8.  Re: JASPERSOFT 6.4 INSTALLATION ERROR

Posted Sep 07, 2018 02:43 PM

Thank you very much Suman.

• 9.  Re: JASPERSOFT 6.4 INSTALLATION ERROR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2018 12:33 AM

1.  Download the Jaspersoft Installation files from https://support.ca.com/us.html

2. Once the file is downloaded place the installer file in D: drive  create a folder named Install_media and Extract the DVD File and verify the check sum for the jaspersoft installer zip file by executing the below command,

D:<Install_Media>certutil -hashfile <ca_ppm_jaspersoft_6.4>  MD5

make sure the values are matching in the command prompt and the checksum file in the Jaspersoft

3. Create a folder in D:\Jaspersoft

4. Install Java jdk in D:\Jaspersoft\Java\jdk

5.Install JRE in D:\Jaspersoft\Java\jre

6. Set the JAVA_HOME and JRE Home  System Environment Variables

7. Copy the Apache Tomcat in the Drive D:\Jaspersoft\<Tomcat8>

8. Set the CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE system Environment Variables  by passing the Tomcat Path

9. Set the PATH variables for JAVA_HOME, JRE_HOME, CATALINA_HOME, CATALINA_BASE

10. Check the Environment Variables are set properly by doing echo Path Variables

echo %JAVA_HOME%

echo %JRE_HOME%

echo %CATALINA_HOME%

echo %CATALINA_BASE%

11. Now kick the Jaspersoft 6.4 Installation by invoking  install.bat form the command Prompt

12. Enter all the Installation Parameters correctly and follow the Steps 

13. Jaspersoft should be installed successfully.

• 10.  Re: JASPERSOFT 6.4 INSTALLATION ERROR

Posted Sep 07, 2018 02:42 PM

Thank you very much Arunprasath. so.

When I installed Jaspersfot 6.4 It didn't work, maybe it's related to Oracle-RAC.

• 11.  RE: JASPERSOFT 6.4 INSTALLATION ERROR

Posted Nov 04, 2020 05:32 PM
    Hi,

I know that the post is old, but I encountered the same problem during the installation of jasper 7.1.0_6.1.0.28 and to be able to proceed from this point of the installation it was necessary to manually create the folder that is being referenced in the error. In my case I created install_1, in case of your error "xml: 900: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D: \ JS64 \ JS64stag \ install_8 \ 01_111054.log" if you create the install_8 folder inside the installer folder the installation will continue , just like it worked for me.

------------------------------
    Analista de Sistemas
    Ágila Tecnologia da Informação
    ------------------------------