Release Automation

• 1.  HP-UX server type

Posted Aug 28, 2018 08:41 AM

I need a help in a scenario where agent installation is required om HP -UX server.

Please help which agent we have to installed on this server.

• 2.  Re: HP-UX server type

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2018 09:12 AM

Hello,

According to the product documentation (found here: System Requirements - CA Release Automation - 6.5 - CA Technologies Documentation) the following is recommended for HP-UX:

Platform/OSAgent Deployment NotesBinary File
    HP-UX PA-RISC 11.23Install JRE 6, 7, or 8 on the HP-UX machine prior to agent installation.nolio_agent_<version>_b<build>.sh
    HP-UX Itanium 11.23, 11.31Install JRE 6, 7, or 8 on the HP-UX machine prior to agent installationnolio_agent_<version>_b<build>.sh

You will not be able to get the binary via the dropdown menu that you included a screenshot of. To get the install binary that you need for HP-UX (non-platform specific) you will need to mount the CA Release Automation ISO install media. From there you can find it in the Agents folder.

Alternatively, you should be able to login to the management server (via RDP or SSH). Then cd to the <MgmtInstallFolder>/scripts where you can find the agent installer files. For example, here is a ls -la output (of the agent installer you'd need) from my management servers scripts folder: 

-rwxrwx---.  1 root root  34628310 Apr 26  2017 nolio_agent_6_4_0_b10011.sh

Kind regards,

Gregg

• 3.  Re: HP-UX server type

Posted Aug 29, 2018 09:00 AM

Hi Gregg,

I have a query regarding SSH connectivity between two servers (ie., Management server and HP-UX Test Server).

1) After login to the management server (via RDP or SSH).and cd to the <MgmtInstallFolder>/scripts and  executing the  scripts ,then how it will reflect on the Test server.

2) If we don't have any permission access to establish the connection between the  Management server and Test server  then how can we connect.

Please help us to resolve the issue.

• 4.  Re: HP-UX server type
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2018 09:19 AM

Hi Prashant,

1. You could need to copy the file from your ManagmentServersInstallDir/scripts folder to your HP-UX server. Then execute it on the HP-UX server where you want the agent installed.
    2. You will need permissions to copy the install file to the HP-UX server (either from your workstation, the management server, or any other server you could use as a intermediary) to get the files across and then run the installation on the HP-UX. The Automation Studio UI does have a install agent option (via Administration -> Agent Management). But:
      1. I'm not sure how it will work for the generic agent installer. There is an option for Linux/Unix (Requires JRE) which seems like it might be for the generic agent installer which has a prerequisite of having a supported JRE installed before the agent install is attempted (since it does not bundle JRE like some of the other installers for specific platforms).
      2. You would still need permissions.

Kind regards,

Gregg

• 5.  Re: HP-UX server type

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2018 12:45 AM

Hi Prashant,

Was your question answered by Gregg's replies?

If so, please mark to correct answer.

If no, I'd like to recommend to burn iso image to DVD physically and mount on the HP-UX.

Thanks

Yas

• 6.  Re: HP-UX server type

Posted Sep 05, 2018 08:43 AM

Hi ,

Yes .I got the correct answer to solve the issue.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

• 7.  Re: HP-UX server type

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2018 09:14 PM

Hi,

Thank you for marking the answer.

I'm happy to hear from you that your issue was resolved.

Regards

Yas