DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Are typeviewers supported in the metric tree view in Enterprise Team Center?

• 1.  Are typeviewers supported in the metric tree view in Enterprise Team Center?

Posted Aug 28, 2018 12:28 PM

We use custom typeviewers for AIX OS Metrics and this of course works in the Investigator on WebView and the Workstation.  Our end users very much like this feature.  So when we use the Enterprise Team Center metric tree view, there doesn't appear to be any support for typeviewers.  The data the appears in the right panel when the Agent is selected is the general info such as Host, Port, Launch Time, etc and the capability to do a search.  So is there something I need to do to enable typeviewers, or are they just not supported in the Team Center metric view? 

• 2.  Re: Are typeviewers supported in the metric tree view in Enterprise Team Center?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2018 05:03 PM

Dear Polly,

this is not yet supported in Team Center.

There might me this kind of support in the future in Metric View or at different place.

If you could share the screenshot how the custom typeviewer for AIX looks like (and which Agent is used), it might help me. I am also thinking how to get more value from these data, when users would be able to consume in more friendly way.

regards

tomas zeman

• 3.  Re: Are typeviewers supported in the metric tree view in Enterprise Team Center?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2018 05:16 AM

This is linked to Enhancement DE382789 - a similar request has been raised by other customers.

HI Tomas -- I have included a word document with screenshots illustrating the differences between Metric View vs Webview/workstation. Please note that typeviews are different depending on the node/resource select and EM extensions being deployed.

Thanks,

Sergo

• 4.  Re: Are typeviewers supported in the metric tree view in Enterprise Team Center?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2018 05:01 AM

Good Job, thank you.