CA Service Management

• 1.  callServerMethod using REST instead of SOAP?

Posted Aug 28, 2018 01:26 PM

Hello guys,

How do I execute the callServerMethod method using REST instead of SOAP?

I needed to figure out some way to run a Spel method in the background using REST.

Can anyone tell if this is possible?

• 2.  Re: callServerMethod using REST instead of SOAP?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2018 10:46 AM

I did a check against REST and SOAP functionality.  SOAP presents the callServerMethod method but there is no equivalent method I could find in REST.  This was from an examination of all methods I could find for the REST wadl as exposed in Service Desk.

Can you provide more details on what you're trying to do with this method?  What is the scenario in place and how are you looking to leverage the given spel method?

• 3.  Re: callServerMethod using REST instead of SOAP?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2018 11:20 AM

To add a little more context, REST web services typically involve posting an HTTP method such as GET or POST on a given object.  The URI would have the given object specified in which the change is being applied as part of the syntax, ie:  http://SERVER1:8051/caisd-rest/chg would apply an update on change orders.  As a result, SOAP methods such as callServerMethod do not necessarily translate into REST directly.

My feeling is that one could indirectly trigger the spel method you're interested in by leveraging the given object that the spel method might be attached to at the factory level or via an alternate approach such as invoking an event.

• 4.  Re: callServerMethod using REST instead of SOAP?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 30, 2018 12:06 PM

The only way I see is to create proxy REST service on the server with the method that will call webservice method, or even execute bop_cmd. Since most probably You are working with on premise installation this may be feasible solution

• 5.  Re: callServerMethod using REST instead of SOAP?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2018 12:48 PM

daniel-bighelini 

Do you require any additional assistance on this topic?

If not, please mark one of the provided responses as correct so that this thread can be closed.

• 6.  Re: callServerMethod using REST instead of SOAP?

Posted Sep 10, 2018 08:22 AM

ok. thanks