Layer7 API Management

• 1.  How to configure API Gateway to listen on JMS queue/topic

Posted Aug 28, 2018 08:12 PM

We have a use case where we want the API Gateway to do some routing over JMS transport. The high level architecture deployment will be for API Gateway to sit in between Tibco EMS and Tibco BW. We want Tibco EMS to place a message on an JMS queue that API Gateway is listening on, and then we want API Gateway to place that same message on either queue A or queue B on Tibco BW. 

My understanding is that the API Gateway by default listens on an HTTP port incoming request, but is there a way to make API Gateway listen/subscribe to a JMS queue and/or topic?

• 2.  Re: How to configure API Gateway to listen on JMS queue/topic
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2018 05:12 AM

Hello William,

Does this part of the documentation help?

Manage JMS Destinations - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Cheers,

Seiji

• 3.  Re: How to configure API Gateway to listen on JMS queue/topic

Posted Aug 29, 2018 01:00 PM

Thanks Seiji_Moriyama this confirms that it's possible to listen on a JMS queue/destination. The documentation has some instructions on connecting the Gateway to WebSphere. I'm not sure I see any documentation on connecting to Tibco. Is there official Tibco support? And are the instructions, to connect Gateway to Tibco, the same or similar to instructions for connecting Gateway to WebSphere?