DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  IBM BPM reporting metrics such as {primitivename} with 10.5 Websphere Agent

Posted Aug 29, 2018 08:46 AM

Hi,

We did have the IBM BPM monitoring working with 10.2 agent.  We moved to 10.5.1 WebSphere agent and made the identical changes to the pbd as mentioned in the documentation (uncommenting some lines and commenting others etc, making sure that the two lines are enabled - in fact the pbd is identical between 10.2 and 10.5.1 even down to the comments)

I see The WProcServer tab, but metrics under this tag are showing generic names with braces.  Has anyone else seen this or give me an idea how to resolve, as the same pbd worked correctly in the 10.2 WebSphere agent

• 2.  Re: IBM BPM reporting metrics such as {primitivename} with 10.5 Websphere Agent

Posted Aug 29, 2018 09:32 AM

I should add, I checked the autoprobe logs, there is no errors reported - all pbd are finished loading cleanly, and no errors in IntroscopeAgent.log

• 3.  Re: IBM BPM reporting metrics such as {primitivename} with 10.5 Websphere Agent
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2018 12:27 PM

Whenever you see curly braces like this in a name, there is a problem with a string substitution in the nameformatter.

This will likely need a code update, so please open a defect with CSO.

• 4.  Re: IBM BPM reporting metrics such as {primitivename} with 10.5 Websphere Agent

Posted Jan 02, 2019 02:05 PM

To finish this one up, the WPSAgentExt.jar was not in the core/ext directory after I upgraded the agent from 10.2 to 10.5.1.x

The other files were there (pbd in the core/config directory) so it was instrumenting it but failing to interpret it correctly.

Taking the WPSAgentExt.jar from the 10.2 install and dropping it in the 10.5 directory and restarting the JVM solved the issue.

Thanks!

Lee