DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Probe Logs

Posted Aug 30, 2018 11:30 PM

I would like to ask if there is a way to know who is the last user changed the probe settings in IM.

For example, the threshold for drive C: is 10% and someone changed it to 11%, how can I know the user who change it to 11%? Is there any logs? or path. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: Probe Logs
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2018 11:48 PM

Hi ,

If you have the audit probe installed you can see this in audit probe gui

audit - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Probe Logs

Posted Aug 31, 2018 12:13 AM

Hi Franklin,

Thank you, but do I need to install audit probe in all servers? Or in primary hub only?

• 4.  Re: Probe Logs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2018 12:55 AM

You just need to run one instance of audit probe in your UIM infrastructure.

I think primary hub robot is the best choice for audit probe to run.

After that, you can enable auditing mode on robots where you would like to audit. See this.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/audit/audit-im-configuration#auditIMConfiguration-ApplyAuditingtotheUIMRobots

• 5.  Re: Probe Logs

Posted Aug 31, 2018 02:08 AM

Thank you sir YU! It works!

• 6.  Re: Probe Logs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2018 01:15 AM

In addtion you will need to add the "audit" subject in queues connecting upstream from Remote hubs to send it to audit probe running on Primary hub from remote hubs/robots 

• 7.  Re: Probe Logs

Posted Aug 31, 2018 02:10 AM

Thanks Sir Franklin for your help, one more thing, if I enable all the audit in all our server, is there any impact? like high utilization or it will consume more disk space, what is the possible issue if we enable all the audit in all our servers. Please advise. 

• 8.  Re: Probe Logs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2018 02:16 AM

Hi 

You can follow the below KB to reduce retention days in AUDIT_EVENT table  from default 

audit probe application error - CA Knowledge 

• 9.  Re: Probe Logs

Posted Aug 31, 2018 05:50 AM

What is the best retention days to set to prevent slowness?