Service Virtualization

• 1.  Jenkins Integration

Posted Aug 30, 2018 03:32 PM

Hi Guys,

Need to know how to integrate Jenkins with DevTest Solution, through API or something.

We have an development team that uses Jenkins as a tool not only for continuous integration, but for deploy and everything. It is a job executor, inside their DevOps Pipeline.

They want to integrate with DevTest to be able to run Application Test tests, create virtual services, be able to export services reports and the use of those services(like Portal Dashboard and other Reports such Hit&Misses).

Is there a way ?

Thanks in advance,

João Paulo Ramos

• 2.  Re: Jenkins Integration
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 30, 2018 05:51 PM

Hello João Paulo,

Please, take a look at the vide in the link below:

August 2018 - DevTest Community Webcast - CA SV Jenkins Plugin - YouTube 

It as a recording of a Service Virtualization and Jenkins Plugins WebCast that happened this week.

Hope it helps.

Heloisa

• 3.  Re: Jenkins Integration

Posted Aug 31, 2018 10:02 AM

Hi Heloisa,

Thank you for the link. That was great, It will help us a lot.

The principal function for us will be the DevTest Test cases.

But, I realized that the ideal version is 10.3 and our current version is 10.2.
    Is there anything in the documentation or any more specific documentation for the Jenkins integration with DevTest?

Also, I noticed that the plugin helps to do basic things with VSE`s and services.

Following in the line of our current version, would have something to be able to export services reports and the use of those services (like Portal Dashboard and other Reports such Hit & Misses, Txt Counts) ?

Thank you

JPR

• 4.  Re: Jenkins Integration

Posted Sep 05, 2018 10:30 AM

• 5.  Re: Jenkins Integration

Posted Sep 18, 2018 07:40 AM

Hi Ram, Please refer the following link for Integrating DevTest test cases with Jenkins. I have tried and it worked for me. 

Jenkins and DevTest Integration using ANT