Clarity

• 1.  Resource Employment Type attribute not available for filter/column layout

Posted Aug 31, 2018 06:33 AM

CA PPM 14.3 (on-demand)

A Labor resource can be identified based on the 'Employment Type' attribute set on the resource property page.

I find it difficult of adding this attribute on the below pages.  Has anyone else experienced issues on filtering only Employee or contractor?

• Resource Planning: Allocations
    • Project Team - Staff List column Layout, Filter column Layout, Powerfilter

I can see a the attribute similar to Employment type (RSF Resource Person Type) but I guess, it is used on the investment resource search page and most of the time it is set to blank.

There is a workaround to use the resource master data and populate the 'Employment type' based on the resource ID once the data is exported into excel

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated

Thanks

-Venkitta

• 2.  Re: Resource Employment Type attribute not available for filter/column layout

Posted Aug 31, 2018 07:02 AM

If you do not find the attribute in the configuration list of attributes, then it is not available to be used in that view. I do not think there is any workaround for that. Only thing I can ask you to check is try to see if you can create a new attribute under resource object and copy the value in the attribute with the help of a custom process and then use the newly create attribute in the list view. 

• 3.  Re: Resource Employment Type attribute not available for filter/column layout

Posted Aug 31, 2018 07:07 AM

Thanks Abhisek for the quick response.  

When other resource property attributes like Resource Name, Availability, Active, Resource ID, Resource Manager are available, is there any specific reason why the employment type not included in that view?

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Resource Employment Type attribute not available for filter/column layout
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 31, 2018 07:28 AM

Hi Venkitta, 

I might not have the exact answer for your question  but I do have some (logical) observation: 

• Employment Type is an attribute that same for Resources (Home --> Resources) and Users (Administration --> Resources). 
    • The (RSF) Resource Person Type attribute that you see is under Team object, hence this will not carry the value that you see in "Employment Type" field, although the lookup values might be the same. 
    • An Employee in the system might work as a Contractor in a project, that is why the (RSF) Resource Person Type attribute is probably there. So you need to fill separately within a project. 
    • Employment Type is a global level attribute for a specific Resource in PPM, while (RSF) Resource Person Type is a Team (which in-turn means Investment level) attribute for the same Resource in PPM. (RSF) Resource Person Type may vary from Investment to Investment for the same resource. Employment Type will not. 

Hope that helps. 

Cheers!

• 5.  Re: Resource Employment Type attribute not available for filter/column layout

Posted Sep 02, 2018 11:51 PM

Thanks Abhisek for the detailed info.

My customer uses the employment type to filter out contractor records for analysis as there is no other attribute can identify whether the resource is employee or contractor.

I'll submit an Idea to see if any other customer would like to use this attribute.

Thanks

-Venkitta

• 6.  Re: Resource Employment Type attribute not available for filter/column layout

Posted Sep 03, 2018 12:33 AM

Yes, you can do that. You will get to know if others also feel the same. You might also get to know the views/thoughts of the product management team, and whether it is possible to do something in the future that might take care of your requirement. All the best!

• 7.  RE: Re: Resource Employment Type attribute not available for filter/column layout

Posted Jul 19, 2019 02:57 AM
    The Resource Employment Type attribute that you see is under Team object(project --> Team --> Staff --> Resource properties), could you please let me know the use of that attribute and is there any effect on the Reports or Portlets with this attribute.