Service Virtualization

• 1.  Counting data set Not working Properly

Posted Aug 31, 2018 04:56 PM

I am using counting data set in sub process initialized to 1 and increment by 1 and iterates till {{count}} property that will come as input parameter to sub process from VSM based on some condition . 

For example if count is 5 it should iterate and add 5 records in database and after that it executes End that is end sub process (test) . but it performs weird . Sometimes it iterates once and sometimes as expected as per count property and sometimes never iterates simply ends and return back without adding records. i am confused why this is happening . 

i am using LISA 8 . can this be product issue or anything related to dataset reset . 

J_NeSmith  Request you to please look into this . Something urgent

• 2.  Re: Counting data set Not working Properly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2018 05:51 PM

The dataset may not have the "Local" option checked. The "Local" option designates whether the data set is global or local. Global is the default (Local is not checked). Local data sets are created with one for each transaction. Global data sets are created once and shared by all requests to a virtual service or to a test case.

• 3.  Re: Counting data set Not working Properly

Posted Sep 01, 2018 06:26 PM

Hi shiney,

Local option is already checked. Can this be a product issue since it is an old one and might require patch 

• 4.  Re: Counting data set Not working Properly

Posted Sep 05, 2018 10:21 AM

Hello Rahul,

Would you be able to run the VSM or the subprocess in the ITR? I believe with more details on the execution of your test we will be able to understand better what is happening.

Hope it helps,

Heloisa

• 5.  Re: Counting data set Not working Properly
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 06, 2018 10:33 AM

Hi Maria,

I found the bug and corrected it . Count property filter has some issue . Fixed and working fine

• 6.  Re: Counting data set Not working Properly

Posted Sep 06, 2018 12:40 PM

Thanks for the reply, Rahul.

If you think this is a product issue, please open a support ticket so we can take a look at it.

Thank you,

Heloisa