CA Service Management

• 1.  CA SDM secondary displaying blank page

Posted Sep 03, 2018 05:51 AM

Hello community!

One of customers still running old 12.7 CP2 with 1 primary and 2 secondaries.

Everything was good and smooth but few months ago one of secondaries started to display incorrect page: ahdtop is always correct, welcome banner occasionally is missing, but detail frame (cai_main/ahdframe) is always blank.

How it looks:

Bottom bar stuck in infinite loading...

Browser console displays nothing, also zero errors in stdlogs, vdb and other processes are running fine. So I really have no idea how diag this problem, any suggestions (except of moving to an actual version )?

Regards,

Timur

• 2.  Re: CA SDM secondary displaying blank page

Posted Sep 03, 2018 06:24 AM

Hi Timur,

There will be nothing here that you haven't thought of already, I'm sure, but here goes:

- Does this also happen with an older browser, or with IE in compatibility mode?

- The URL shown seems to be pointing at sitemods/html - can you try reverting to the out-of-box popup_frames.html?

- Compare the contents of site\mods on the secondary with the primary?

- What does that little icon at the right-hand end of the Chrome error bar mean? (I can't make it out). Can you run Wireshark or similar to see what is being requested and returned?  Compare that with what you see on the primary or on the other secondary?

As a 'Plan B', do you have the resources to configure another secondary to replace the one that is apparently faulty?

Hope that helps...

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: CA SDM secondary displaying blank page

Posted Sep 03, 2018 06:42 AM

Hi James and thank you for suggestions!

- Does this also happen with an older browser, or with IE in compatibility mode?

Yeah, same thing for IE.

- The URL shown seems to be pointing at sitemods/html - can you try reverting to the out-of-box popup_frames.html?

No luck here too, forms was almost same.

- Compare the contents of site\mods on the secondary with the primary?

I'm using script to sync forms between servers but seems like I found difference! Buggy secondary use JRE1.7 when others use JRE1.6, I'll try to fix that on service time. Thanks for pointing!

What does that little icon at the right-hand end of the Chrome error bar mean?

Chrome suggests me to translate Russian page to my native English but it doesn't know how ugly my English is

If JRE won't fix it, I'll go for plan B. Thank you again!

• 4.  Re: CA SDM secondary displaying blank page

Posted Sep 03, 2018 11:10 AM

The only reason I could assume is browser compatibility. Unless there is a compatibility patch available this type of issues are difficult to fix.

Thanks

ArunavaS

• 5.  Re: CA SDM secondary displaying blank page

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2018 12:45 PM

cdtj 

Do you require any additional assistance on this topic?

If not, please mark one of the provided responses as correct so that this thread can be closed.

• 6.  Re: CA SDM secondary displaying blank page

Posted Sep 07, 2018 01:39 PM

Hi Paul,
    currently I'm waiting for the error reoccur to check it from the network side using wireshark as James suggested.

I'll share my founds in this thread, so let keep it open for a while.
    Regards.

• 7.  Re: CA SDM secondary displaying blank page

Posted Sep 18, 2018 09:09 AM

Hi there!

I got some wireshark logs and hope someone here have more experience than me:

I checked ports using nestat -a mentioned in logs and they are in CLOSE_WAIT state.

Does anyone have something to say about this one?

Regards.