CA Service Management

• 1.  auto close on Awaiting End user

Posted Sep 04, 2018 08:58 AM

Hi Team

We have a requirement that when a ticket status change to 'Awaiting End User Response' and if a user doesnot respond with in SLA t (i.e 48hrs) before sla breach then  ticket should status set to close automatically.

How can we achieve this?

• 2.  Re: auto close on Awaiting End user

Posted Sep 04, 2018 10:16 AM

This can be achieved with an attached event/condition macro and action macro.

1. Create a condition Macro which will validate if the ticket is in status 'Awaiting End User Response' and if so will return true.

2. Create an action macro ( We can't create action macro directly from admin UI . If you need help I can post the process.) with code to set status='CL', close_date=<system date>, active_flag=0

3. Create an event on Request/Incident/Problem with 48 hrs elapsed time and tie up above condition and action macro.

This should be all on what you need.

Thanks

ArunavaS

• 3.  Re: auto close on Awaiting End user

Posted Sep 04, 2018 01:34 PM

Hi Arunava 

Thanks for your reply. 

\

Yes im aware that we cant create action macro from UI, that can be doable by import text file but i havent done this so far for action macro specifically.

\It would be great if you could help me out in this

Many Thanks

• 4.  Re: auto close on Awaiting End user
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 05, 2018 05:28 AM

La-Qa, follow these steps to create an action macro :

1. Create a site-defined condition macro from Admin interface. Just create the template and save it.

a. Symbol = Case_Close

b. Macro Type = Site Defined Condition

c. Object Type = Request/Incident/Problem

2. Login to Primary/Background server with RDP.

3. Open command prompt and invoke the following command : pdm_extract -f"select * from Spell_Macro where sym='Case_Close'" > MyMacro.txt

4. Open the MyMacro.txt file search for string "COND_SITE" and replace it with "ACT".

5. In the fragment section you need to update your code. Delete everything (eventually you will see something like : set_return_data(TRUE);\\0012 )from fragment field value and place the following code : status='CL';\\0012active_flag=0;\\0012close_date=now();\\0012

6. Save the file. If your servers running on windows save the file as Encoding=UTF-8 (else you will get error while uploading )

7. Upload the updated file with following command : pdm_load -u -f MyMacro.txt

8. Clear the table cache with following command : pdm_cache_refresh -t Spell_Macro

You are all done and your action Macro is just ready to use.

Thanks

ArunavaS

• 5.  Re: auto close on Awaiting End user

Posted May 23, 2019 06:34 AM

HI Arunava

The code you advised to put in Fragment box, where is time defined in it? i mean if i want ticket should be closed after 3 hrs when status set to Awaiting End User Response.

status='CL';\\0012active_flag=0;\\0012close_date=now();\\0012

• 6.  Re: auto close on Awaiting End user

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2018 12:37 PM

La-Qa 

Did the steps provided by ArunavaS to create an action macro address your requirement?

If so, please mark the response provided by ArunavaS as correct so that this thread can be closed.