Release Automation

• 1.  TeamCity Release Automation plugin

Posted Sep 05, 2018 07:22 AM

I am looking for latest version of TeamCity plugin JetBrains TeamCity Plug-In - CA Release Automation - Integrations - CA Technologies Documentation  .We are planning to upgrade TeamCity from 10.0.1 (build 42078) to 2018.1. Current plugin version in use:

Any ideas if this version works with TC 2018.1 or a newer version is available?

Where can I download the current or newer version of the plugin? 

• 2.  Re: TeamCity Release Automation plugin
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2018 09:54 PM

Hi,

You can download latest plug-in - 5.0.9 from Support Portal.

1. Access https://support.ca.com and Sign in.
    2. Select [DOWNLOAD MANAGEMENT] from MENU or under the cloud icon.
    3. Search [Release Automation] and select one. (Search result depends on your contract.)
    4. Select product name like "CA Release Automation MULTI-PLATFORM" in [Product Downloads] list. (This list also depends on your contract.)
    5. You can find and download "CA RELEASE AUTOMATION PLUG-IN FOR JETBRAINS TEAMCITY 5.0.9".
      You may need to move page "2".

TeamCity 2018.1 is not certified on TeamCity Plug-in 5.0.9 yet officially. We don't have newer plugin at this stage. 

I recommend to open new idea as enhancement request. If you have any business impact, please contact our sale account or customer success team to escalate your request.

Thanks

Yas

• 3.  Re: TeamCity Release Automation plugin

Posted Sep 06, 2018 06:57 AM

Thank you Yas. Much appreciated. I will give it a try and see if it works.

In the meantime, where do I "open new idea as enhancement request" and what are the email addresses for "sale account or customer success team" ?

On another note, as CA Release Automation (Nolio) has been deprecated, do you have an alternative from CA Tech? 

• 4.  Re: TeamCity Release Automation plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2018 10:32 AM

Hello,

These KBs walk you through creating a new "IDEA" for CA Release Automation. 

How to create an Idea on CA Release Automation com - CA Knowledge 

How to Submit a Request For Enhancement for Releas - CA Knowledge 

Kind regards,

Gregg

• 5.  Re: TeamCity Release Automation plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2018 09:49 PM

Hi,

Gregg already answered about ideas, so I'd like to answer to other questions.

Do you mean that you don't know contact person? At first, I recommend to find anyone who know our sales person in your company.

If not found, please search in "Contact Us".

Contact Us - CA Technologies 

If you are in UK, you may find contact point here. I believe you can discuss with our sales account and/or technical sales regarding right solution. 

Office Locations - CA Technologies - EMEA 

Thanks

Yas

• 6.  Re: TeamCity Release Automation plugin

Posted Sep 12, 2018 12:51 PM

Hello Nishaat, 

I just wanted to clarify that CA Release Automation is not deprecated, we are still actively developing CA RA. 

You're welcome to join us next week for a roadmap session to see what the future holds for CA RA, as well as for CA Continuous Delivery Automation. Additional information about the upcoming roadmap sessions can be found under "upcoming events" section in the main page of CA RA community. 

Regards, 

Nofar Bluestein
    Sr. Principal Product Manager, Release Automation.

• 7.  Re: TeamCity Release Automation plugin

Posted Sep 13, 2018 02:54 AM

Thanks Nofar. Good to know!

• 8.  Re: TeamCity Release Automation plugin

Posted Sep 07, 2018 04:10 AM

Thank you both for the prompt responses. I will check contact in our company and also raise enhancement request. Please consider this resolved for now.

• 9.  Re: TeamCity Release Automation plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2018 05:08 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I will mark answer flag soon, but you can add your comment in our community if you need.

Cheers

Yas