Clarity

• 1.  Dynamic Query Lookups not working in 15.4.1 New UX

Posted Sep 05, 2018 08:59 AM

Hello,

I am not able to see the values for Dynamic Query Lookup Attributes in New UX. 

It is known that Parameterized and Static Dependent Lookups do not work in New UX, but I am not able to see even values for Dynamic Query Lookup Attributes. 

Could any one mention their findings on this ?

Thanks and Regards,

Sai.

• 2.  Re: Dynamic Query Lookups not working in 15.4.1 New UX

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2018 02:25 AM

Hi Sai,

I checked "Charge Code" dynamic lookup in New UX. I defined 2 Charge Code.

I added Charge Code to Project Summary section.

I can see correct Charge Code value in New UX.

Please check it.

Regards,

Shoichi

• 3.  Re: Dynamic Query Lookups not working in 15.4.1 New UX

Posted Sep 07, 2018 04:34 AM

Hello Shoichi, 

I think that is the OOTB Attribute that you have configured. I even checked in my environment and i am able to see the values for charge code.

But, the Issue that I am facing is with the Custom Attributes associated with the Custom Dynamic Query Lookup.

I have just written the query as below: -

Select ID,NAME from inv_investments
    WHERE @FILTER@
    @BROWSE-ONLY:
    AND IS_ACTIVE = 1
    AND ROWNUM<=5
    :BROWSE-ONLY@

Associated this above lookup to a custom attribute and i am not able to see the values for it.

Appreciate your help on taking time to answer this. Please mention your comments and let me know if you are facing the same Issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Sai.

• 4.  Re: Dynamic Query Lookups not working in 15.4.1 New UX

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2018 05:32 AM

Hi Sai,

I added custom attribute which you provided in project.

I could replicate the issue as below.

The lookup returned "No result found" in New UX. This lookup returned project name in Classic UI. 

Regards,

Shoichi

• 5.  Re: Dynamic Query Lookups not working in 15.4.1 New UX

Posted Sep 07, 2018 06:13 AM

Hi Shoichi ,

Thanks for the update. Will check with CA further on this and keep you informed on the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Sai.

• 6.  Re: Dynamic Query Lookups not working in 15.4.1 New UX

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2018 08:13 AM

1. Static dependent lookups are not available to configure in the new UI.

Here's the link to the documentation referencing this as well a as a few other limitation with the new UI studio functionalities:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-4-1/en/using/getting-started-with-the-ca-ppm-new-user-experience/new-user-experience-compare-with-classic-ca-ppm/#NewUserExperience:ComparewithClassicCAPPM-SystemAdministrator

Under "System Administrator", Capability "Studio" it says:

"The following Studio functionality is not available in the New User Experience:

Custom objects, subobjects, and attributes (except custom attributes for the Project and Investment objects that are available through blueprints)

Display mapping outside of project status reports and project details:
    The status colors on the project status reports and the project tiles (for example, green for On Track or red for At Risk) are based on the display mapping configuration for the Overall Status attribute of the Status Report object.
    If the project blueprint includes attributes that have display mappings set up in Classic CA PPM, then stoplights with hover text appear for those attributes in the project details. Display mapping is not available for boolean attribute types.
    See CA Clarity PPM Studio Objects and Attributes for details on configuring display mappings for attributes.

Secure subpages and display conditions

Object actions

Any Studio view level settings such as Required, Enter Once, or Hidden

Parameterized and Static Dependent List lookups"

2. Parameterized lookup attributes are not supported, so while this attribute may show as available on the Blueprint list, it won't show any values in the New UX. See KB000095938:

In the New UX Parameterized Lookups show no values
    Document ID : KB000095938
    https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/in-the-new-ux-parameterized-lookups-show-no-values/kb000095938

Also, please review the following KB:

In the New UX, Some Attributes Cannot Be Added To Projects
    Document ID : KB000073215
    https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/in-the-new-ux-some-attributes-cannot-be-added-to-projects/kb000073215