Symantec IGA

• 1.  How to pass password as response to TEWS call.

Posted Sep 05, 2018 11:48 AM

Team,

When a create request is submitted in IDM via APIgateway (or any webservice client ) by exposing create task as TEWS. The requirement is to pass the user password as response back to APIgateway (webservice client ).

Please suggest the possible ways.

Thanks
    banwari

• 2.  Re: How to pass password as response to TEWS call.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2018 01:43 PM

This seems to be related to L1 cases 01184269 and 01166744. 

I was able to confirm with our subject matter experts in support that password data could not be sent through TEWS.  I suggested an IDEA on this forum (Click IDEA to open a new IDEA for review). 

Perhaps our greater user community can offer suggestions as well on your specific use case.  Thank you.

• 3.  Re: How to pass password as response to TEWS call.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2018 09:50 AM

Hi Banwari_ampf 

The only other option for not passing the username/password in the SOAP envelope for TEWS is to protect it using CA SSO.

Using this method, you can have the TEWS URL protected by an authentication scheme like SSO basic auth and then have the API Gateway per-authenticate to the TEWS URL. when doing that, you will not need to use the context section in the envelope but you will need to use the following cookie variable:

COOKIE:SMCHALLANGE=YES

I hope I understood you question right

thanks

Itamar Budin
    Sr Product Manager - IMAG Lifecycle

Check out where we’re going, attend a CA Product Roadmap session: www.ca.com/roadmaps