Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Is there anyway to find the Successor for a job? Please let me know if anything

Posted Sep 06, 2018 09:00 AM

Anyway to find the successors for a job in CA UC4 version 11.2?

• 2.  Re: Is there anyway to find the Successor for a job? Please let me know if anything

Posted Sep 06, 2018 09:47 AM

So are you looking for a SQL query that can tell you what tasks follow a given job within a workflow?  Or would you need this info accessible in some other way?

What is it you're trying to do here, exactly?

• 3.  Re: Is there anyway to find the Successor for a job? Please let me know if anything

Posted Sep 06, 2018 10:32 AM

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for the reply.

As we have predecessors list in the dependencies tab for a job task properties. I just want to know any possible way to get the Successors for a particular job

• 4.  Re: Is there anyway to find the Successor for a job? Please let me know if anything
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 06, 2018 11:23 AM

Here's a query you could use to identify them:

select oh_name as workflow,
       jpp1.jpp_object as task,
       jpp2.jpp_object as successor_task,
       jppa_when as successor_dependency
    from oh,jpp as jpp1, jpp as jpp2, jppa
    where oh_idnr=jpp1.jpp_oh_idnr
    and oh_idnr=jpp2.jpp_oh_idnr
    and oh_idnr=jppa_oh_idnr
    and jpp2.jpp_lnr=jppa_jpp_lnr
    and jpp1.jpp_lnr=jppa_prelnr
    and jpp1.jpp_object='[[ task you want to find the successors for ]]'
    and oh_name='[[ workflow where this task is found ]]'
    and oh_client=[[ client # where this workflow exists ]];

You could bury that in a SEC_SQLI var, for example.

Again, how are you intending to use this info about successors?  Just wondering if there might be another way to approach the problem...

• 5.  Re: Is there anyway to find the Successor for a job? Please let me know if anything

Posted Sep 24, 2018 07:39 PM

Hey Antonyraj.A,

Did Daryl suggestion help in resolving your question? If it did, please help us by using the "Mark Correct" button on his comment.

But as Daryl also mention, how are you intending to use the info about the successors as there may be other way to approach it.

Thanks,

Luu

• 6.  Re: Is there anyway to find the Successor for a job? Please let me know if anything

Posted Sep 24, 2018 09:41 PM

Hi,

Yes there may be a way but if the job has multiple successors then its difficult to find all the jobs, hence asked for this query now i am very to get the results fraction of seconds.

Thanks Daryl