CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Creating a new Attachment Repository for department

• 1.  Creating a new Attachment Repository for department

Posted Sep 07, 2018 04:37 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Communities

Just Question :

I Created a new Repository for images called (Human Resources) same as the images one, but it doesn't want to display when trying to select the Repository Name, when trying to upload a attachment to that Repository.

I however can Attach to it, when I go to the Attachments Node in admin tab and add a file and I can retrieve the image even. But we need it to show in the Repository name field on Add a attachment popup as well for client.

Is there something we are missing here. Please I really not sure why it doesn't display.

Regards

Edgar Louw

Attachment(s)

docx
    Add Attahments screen.docx   72 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Creating a new Attachment Repository for department

Posted Sep 07, 2018 05:20 AM

Hi Edgar,

Is there a data-partition that is perhaps restricting your view for the other repositories?

You could also try clearing your browser cache and\or recycle the Service Desk services and see if this may help.

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Creating a new Attachment Repository for department

Posted Sep 07, 2018 05:26 AM

Thanks Brian

let me try that

• 4.  Re: Creating a new Attachment Repository for department

Posted Sep 07, 2018 05:32 AM

No Data Partition Brian sorry only saw now you said maybe a partition

• 5.  Re: Creating a new Attachment Repository for department

Posted Sep 07, 2018 05:56 AM

Brian

You know what is funny, CA service desk manager has 'n default images folder created by the system. But that doesn't even show in the lists of Repository Names.

• 6.  Re: Creating a new Attachment Repository for department

Posted Sep 07, 2018 09:34 AM

Hi Edgar,

Could you give us thinking behind you are trying to achieve, i.e business case\requirement?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 7.  Re: Creating a new Attachment Repository for department

Posted Sep 07, 2018 09:50 AM

Hi Brian

We want split out default repository and make one for our HR department and they must be able to select it when uploading images. So we build a Repository for them. But does not want to display on the Repository Name for selection.

We trying to add more selections on the Repository name Like Change and Service desk. no requirement yet we just trying to see if it is possible add one.

• 8.  Re: Creating a new Attachment Repository for department

Posted Sep 10, 2018 05:14 AM

Hi Commmunties

Sorry bother again, Please can someone help on this. I have Build the new repository for (Human Resource) and made it for saving images.

It still doesn't want to display under the Repository Name, on the (attmnt_upload_popup.htmpl) when trying to upload to a Images through this new Repository.

I build it as how the Ca Documentation said it should be build. But still no display of New Repository name. Am I missing a setting or something i need to change. I have restarted, to clear old forms still nothing. If someone can tell where i going wrong it would be nice.

Ca also has their own Repository for Images doesn't even display, there is No Partition block on the Repository name field in our system.

Regards

Edgar Louw.

• 9.  Re: Creating a new Attachment Repository for department
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 10, 2018 06:55 AM

H i Edgar,

1. Will they be uploading images only or other files types as well? What I was thinking is to create a normal attachment repository (not necessarily an image specific one) and then use data-partitions to restrict access to only the HR department users. If they will be uploading only images, they you could also restrict the file types on that repository to control the files that can be uploaded to it.

2. Please also upload a screen print showing the details of the repository you created currently that is not visible in the dropdown?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 10.  Re: Creating a new Attachment Repository for department

Posted Sep 10, 2018 07:19 AM

Hi Brian

I will try this quick and give feedback.

• 11.  Re: Creating a new Attachment Repository for department

Posted Sep 10, 2018 08:44 AM

Hi Brian

I made normal repository, it worked. I will try and see if i can put a partition to block non HR people.

• 12.  Re: Creating a new Attachment Repository for department

Posted Sep 10, 2018 08:45 AM

Brian Thanks for the help.