Service Virtualization

• 1.  Email notification - CVS

Posted Sep 06, 2018 11:22 AM

Can someone please let me know how to set the email notification and  what values should be given in from address and host.From DevTest document I understand that local.properties filed should be updated as below

If you use performance monitoring alerts, this is the "from" email address of those alerts

# lisa.alert.email.emailAddr=lisa@itko.com

# And this is the email server we will attempt to route emails with (SMTP server)

# lisa.alert.email.defHosts=localhost

But it didn't work as expected. Also I would like to know if sendEmail step to be added in test case? 

Thanks

Rjeev

• 2.  Re: Email notification - CVS
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2018 11:31 AM

Yes, those are the properties we add in the local.properties for SMTP server details.

#lisa.alert.email.defHosts=localhost
    lisa.alert.email.defHosts= email server name

If you want to get notification on a specific testcase, you can add an Email alert in your staging document.

In the Staging Document , under metrics, you could add a Metric - TEST Event Metric (Suite Failed). And try to set an Email Alert there..

https://docops.ca.com/devtest-solutions/10-3/en/using/using-ca-application-test/using-devtest-workstation-with-ca-application-test/building-documents/building-staging-documents/staging-document-editor/staging-document-editor-metrics-tab