DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CLW Commands

Posted Sep 07, 2018 05:48 AM

Hi APM Experts,

I am working with CA APM 10.7. My question is regarding CLW commands. 

Can't we increase the threshold of  all alerts usnig CLW command ? 

I am using this command to deativate the alerts "/usr/bin/java -Duser=admin -Dpassword= -Dhost=localhost -Dport=5001 -jar CLWorkstation.jar deactivate alerts matching E.* in management modules matching Expense_QA"

So , the customer wants similar command by which we can make changes to the alerts threshold's with in a seconds.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Regards

Amit Singh Bisht

• 2.  Re: CLW Commands

• 3.  Re: CLW Commands

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2018 07:59 AM

If they regularly want to change between two or three known threshold values, they could make multiple copies of the alert and activate/deactivate the alerts as required.

But, if the alert is used in a dashboard as well, there is only really a one-to-one relationship there.

So either there needs to be a whole copy of the management module.

Or it could theoretically be created as a summary alert so that the alert status should only report the value of the active alert.

But there have been issues in summary alerts in 10.7 where one or more of the included alerts are inactive, the alert status does not work, this was fixed in SP1. 

• 4.  Re: CLW Commands
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 07, 2018 09:32 AM

bisam01

It can be possible but might be very lengthy process. Create a script which can extract a .jar file into ManaementModule.xml file. After that your script will update your desired threshold values and then again make a jar file.

• 5.  Re: CLW Commands

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2018 11:36 AM

Thanks for this Junaid.  Using CLW by itself, there is no way to increase the threshold of an alert.  Your solution is the correct way, use CLW wrapped in a script to extract the jar file, modify and then repack the jar file.

• 6.  Re: CLW Commands

Posted Sep 10, 2018 01:34 AM

Hi All,

Thanks a lot, for all the suggestions. This will definitely help me a lot.

Regards

Amit Singh Bisht

• 7.  Re: CLW Commands

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2018 09:22 AM

Thank you all that provided a wealth of responses. Would love to see more threads like this.

• 8.  Re: CLW Commands

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2018 04:51 AM

Great discussion, thank you all. My opinion is...handle thresholds with care.