Symantec Access Management

• 1.  webagent 12.52 llawp is not starting after o.s is upgraded  to suse 12.1 and apache 2.4

Posted Sep 07, 2018 10:30 AM

Hi All,

CA Team installed 12.52 apache webagent on suse linux 11.4 and apache webserver 2.2. when we upgraded o.s version from 11.4 to 12.1, apache got upgraded to 2.4. llawp process is not starting and agent stopped producing webagent logs. do we need to run the binary again and re-register the agent.From the information i have gathered wa 12.52 is compatible with upgraded version apache 2.4 and suse 12.1. shouldn't the agent start automatically after os and apache upgrade , should we check environment variables instead of running w.a binary again. Any help will be appreciated. 

policy server version:12.6

web agent  version 12.52

Regards,

Harsha

• 2.  Re: webagent 12.52 llawp is not starting after o.s is upgraded  to suse 12.1 and apache 2.4
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 07, 2018 11:17 AM

Assuming you've checked the compatibility matrix for the version of WA / bitness etc,

Your earlier Apache was 2.2, thus you'd have in httpd.conf

LoadModule sm_module "/webagent/bin/libmod_sm22.so"

After upgrade your Apache is 2.4, thus you should (only) enable in httpd.conf

LoadModule sm_module "/webagent/bin/libmod_sm24.so"

If you are knowledgeable on what to change, then you could do this manually. Otherwise just re-run the configuration wizard (you can skip host registration and only concentrate on Agent configuration).

Also remember to source the ENV file /webagent/ca_wa_env.sh either in setenv.sh OR manually before starting Apache.

If you also happen to look at the Apache error logs, you should see some initialization errors, if something is not configured correctly between Apache & WA.

• 3.  Re: webagent 12.52 llawp is not starting after o.s is upgraded  to suse 12.1 and apache 2.4

Posted Sep 10, 2018 08:42 AM

Hello Hubert,

Thank you for the information provided, our environment is down for patching today, we will try the above steps on tuesday.

As per compatibility matrix, SUSE supported versions are not provided in 12.52 compatibilty matrix, it is mentioned as to reach out to ca for information. we assumed it is compatible as CA Team installed web agent binary on suse 11.4. what we need is an official confirmation from CA that wa 12.52 is supported on suse 12.1 too. should I raise a ca ticket for this?

I did not find latest versions after wa 12.52 for suse and apache 2.4, only policy server upgrade is mentioned in 12.6,12.7 compatiblity matrix.

Thank you,

Harsha

• 4.  Re: webagent 12.52 llawp is not starting after o.s is upgraded  to suse 12.1 and apache 2.4

Posted Sep 10, 2018 09:01 AM

Harsha, sriharsha2000sriharsha2

I'd say yes please check compatibility and supportability clause by raising a Support case if it is not mentioned in the Support Matrix.

R12.52 SP1 CR09 is the latest version of Web Agent. R12.7, R12.8 only ship PS and AG.

Regards

Hubert 

• 5.  Re: webagent 12.52 llawp is not starting after o.s is upgraded  to suse 12.1 and apache 2.4

Posted Sep 11, 2018 10:25 AM

Thank you Hubert for the information provided, I appreciate your help. 

we followed the steps provided by you and agent is working fine now. However I have opened a ca ticket for compatibility information.