Rally Software

• 1.  Mismatch on Schedule State - Custom 1 values...

Posted Sep 07, 2018 07:44 PM

We have defined Custom 1 for Schedule State to be "New". When I open a defect or user story, the first schedule state is New. All is well.

However, when I open the Backlog view and add Schedule State column to the view, all of the stories and defects which are in the Custom 1 state (i.e., "New") are showing improperly. All 5 state states are shaded and none of them have the dark box with the letter. Instead of the first box showing N with four empty white boxes next to it, I see five lightly shaded boxes.

When I hover over the first box in the schedule state, it says, "Move to Not Defined". It is like my dashboard view schedule state has a different definition of what Custom 1 is - it thinks it is Not Defined rather than New.

If I attempt to "Move to Not Defined" (I click on the first box), I get a specific error which reinforces the idea that somehow I have two different definitions of the Custom 1. The error reads:

An error occurred while saving your changes. Could not convert: "ScheduleState" must be a string : Value [ Not Defined ] for field [ string ] is invalid. Valid values are: [ New, Defined, In-Progress, Completed, Accepted ]

Any ideas where I can force the definition of Custom 1 for Schedule State as presented in my Backlog view to synch with the actual definition?

In case it is helpful, I poked around to see where else this might be happening:

In Track > Iteration Status, I see the same issue (Custom State 1 = Not Defined)

In Plan > User Stories, the first schedule state is correct (Custom State 1 = New).

In Track > Release Status, the first schedule state is correct (Custom State 1 = New).

In Track > Work Product Status, the first schedule state is correct (Custom State 1 = New).

In Quality > Defects, the first schedule state is correct (Custom State 1 = New).

In Portfolio > Portfolio Items, when I drill down to see US or defects, I see the same issue (Custom State 1 = Not Defined)

I welcome any thoughts. Thank you.

(Here is where Schedule State Custom 1 is discussed in the help files: Modifying Schedule States | CA Agile Central Help )

• 2.  Re: Mismatch on Schedule State - Custom 1 values...
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2018 08:40 PM

Hi David,

I am very sorry to hear you are encountering this issue. I tested from my testing workspace, but not able to reproduce the same issue. After I change the Schedule State value as "New", all Defect and User story's schedule state value changed immediately. Maybe I missed some steps as you did. In order to better visualize and troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide the following information?

• Could you send us a video/full screenshots for the issues?

• Do other users experience the same thing?
    • Is it works if you clean the browser cache?

• What happens when you use the other Browser?

• What is your OS and Browser's version?

Regards,

ZhaoKun, Du

• 3.  Re: Mismatch on Schedule State - Custom 1 values...

Posted Sep 11, 2018 01:17 PM

I enabled personalized navigation (the beta capability), then switched back/disabled it, and the issue cleared up. I suspect it was some sort of cache issue. Unfortunately, I "fixed" it before I could validate whether it was happening on another browser.

I suppose unless it comes back again, this can be chalked up to a one-off cache problem. Thank you.