DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  How can I limit the AXA mdoaggregatorscrips.out log file.

Posted Sep 10, 2018 05:57 AM

Hi All,

I have some questions relating to the application experience analytics in respect to what exactly does the mdoaggregatorscrips.out log file contain and how I can limit this log file. This questions arise from an customer issue that we have were this log file is too large to be more precise it has reached around 200GB making it difficult to even inspect its contents, appreciate any help that I can get.

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: How can I limit the mdoaggregatorscrips.out log file.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2018 09:19 AM

Dear Community:

Can you provide answers and suggestions to Ioannis?

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: How can I limit the mdoaggregatorscrips.out log file.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2018 09:50 AM

I can indicate when the log gets created but there is clearly no mechanism to control it by size or to keep backups of it.

You need to find this folder, the path can be different depending on what is chosen

/opt/ca/aoPlatform/java/mdo-aggregator/bin

startAgg.sh

This script starts the Aggregator as a nohup process and redirects the output to the mdoaggregatorscrips.out file

nohup ./Aggregator >> $CA_EMM_HOME/logs/mdoaggregatorscript.out 2>&1 &

To loose the file output altogether, you could redirect the output to /dev/null

Or, change the >> to > so that it would get overwritten on every restart of the process - depends how often the process is restarted.

You could also use something like I've noticed in WVCtrl.sh to append a timestamp when the file is created

DATETIME="$(date +'%s')"

nohup ./Aggregator >> $CA_EMM_HOME/logs/mdoaggregatorscript_"$DATETIME".out 2>&1 &

(would have to test this one)

The aggregator should be 'aggregating' the data that comes in so you can see it over certain time periods, like 24 hours, 7 days etc, that would be the function of it.

I'm not sure why the log has got so large, if it hasn't been investigated with support, I would try to get a sample of it to us and raise a case for investigation.

Otherwise, I would suggest to raise an enhancement request that all processes in AXA, of which there are many, have controllable logging ( by size / backup)

• 4.  Re: How can I limit the AXA mdoaggregatorscrips.out log file.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2018 06:41 PM

I suppose another option would be to implement Linux logrotate for that file. However as David already advised why the file is getting so large should probably be investigated first.

• 5.  Re: How can I limit the AXA mdoaggregatorscrips.out log file.

Posted Sep 11, 2018 08:11 AM

Thank you all very much for your help, especially David, what you said made a lot of sense. Unfortunately, I am out of office for a CA training in Germany, so I will review this in more depth upon my return, again thanks you all very much.