Service Virtualization

• 1.  Excel file on LISA Console

Posted Sep 10, 2018 08:00 PM

Hi 

I have created one virtual service and I have imported one excel file in ESR codding step, it is working fine on local.

Path I have given is "C:/Softwares/LISA/New_Project_00/Data/DataSet1.xlsx".

But after deploying it to Lisa Server, it is giving "java.io.FileNotFoundException:,

Please help me,  how I can use this file on the Console(Lisa Server)

• 2.  Re: Excel file on LISA Console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2018 11:50 PM

Hi,

What version DevTest are you using?
    And could you please explain about "ESR codding step"? Do you meam "Execute Script (JSR-223) step"?

Thank you,

• 3.  Re: Excel file on LISA Console

Posted Sep 11, 2018 05:10 AM

Execute Script (JSR-223) step------Yes

DevTest Version - 10.1.0

• 4.  Re: Excel file on LISA Console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2018 09:35 AM

Where is your VSE running at: Windows or Linux?

Where ever your VSE is running, your service will have to have access to "C:/Softwares/LISA/New_Project_00/Data/DataSet1.xlsx".

• 5.  Re: Excel file on LISA Console

Posted Sep 11, 2018 03:59 PM

Can I add Dataset on the portal

• 6.  Re: Excel file on LISA Console
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 12, 2018 04:11 PM

Hi Jitender,

Copy the dataset to the VSE server, let's say under PROJECT_ROOT\Data folder. In the Script step reference the file path in the VSE server and deploy the VSM.

I am not sure how it works when you are using the scripting step, but you can also try to place the dataset in the local PROJECT_ROOT\Data  and reference it in the script step. Before deploying the VSM, right click on it and create a MAR info file. Open the MAR info file and verify if the dataset is included in the MARi file.

If not, you can try to include it manually. After the MARi file is updated with the dataset, right click in the MARi file and create a MAR file. 

You should be able to deploy the MAR file to the VSE.

Hope it helps.

Heloisa

• 7.  Re: Excel file on LISA Console

Posted Sep 21, 2018 01:05 AM

if we put that PROJECT_ROOT\Data as variable in .config file then when deploying VSM automatically file is picked up by the tool. No need to add manually in mari.