Symantec Access Management

Expand all | Collapse all

CA Directory 14.0 installable

• 1.  CA Directory 14.0 installable

Posted Sep 11, 2018 06:02 AM

Hi,

Where can I find the CA directory 14.0(DXSever) installble in .tat format? I can see only iso files and I downloaded & installed the same. 

• 2.  Re: CA Directory 14.0 installable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2018 09:49 AM

Already provided this .tar.gz package to Vishal that is he looking for via support case that he opened. 

• 3.  Re: CA Directory 14.0 installable

Posted Sep 25, 2018 03:05 PM

Experts,

Need good documentation on install /configure ca directory 14.0. So far able to install / configure directory and management ui. Trying below to create an directory instance..

bash-4.2$ ./dxserver install /application/dxserver/inst1
    /application/dxserver/inst1 does not exist

• 4.  Re: CA Directory 14.0 installable

Posted Sep 25, 2018 05:05 PM

Experts,

I found the way to create a dsa instance but when i try to run the below i get error as mentioned. Inputs appreciated.

bash-4.2$ ./dxnewdsa -s2000 dsainst1 4389 "o=xxxx,o=xxxx.com"
    Cannot open datastore file 'data/dsainst1.db': No such file or directory
    Cannot create file: openFile 9
    Cannot create file: 9
    Could not create new data store

• 5.  Re: CA Directory 14.0 installable

Posted Sep 25, 2018 05:14 PM

SriRao

Do you have space to create that .db file which will be of 2000MB (i.e. 2GB) in size. CA Directory pre-allocates a flatfile of that size even if there is no data. The other thing I would check is user permission for $DXHOME/data folder, which is where the .db file gets created OOB.

• 6.  Re: CA Directory 14.0 installable

Posted Sep 25, 2018 06:42 PM

Thanks for the inputs.

So, i have close to 8GB available on that location. Also, the userID used for the initial install and above command are same. Not sure how to get over this..

appreciate any help.

• 7.  Re: CA Directory 14.0 installable

Posted Sep 26, 2018 02:32 AM

SriRao

I have a feeling we are missing ENV variables. Look like you installed CA Directory and on the same Telnet session are trying to create a new DSA instance. Did you source the dxprofile script ?

Once you install CA Directory.....

Logout of the telnet session. Login again to telnet session. This will ensure "dxprofile" is sourced and you'd have $DXHOME ENV variable set on your telnet session.

OR 

Open a new telnet session, login with non root user. This will ensure "dxprofile" is sourced and you'd have $DXHOME ENV variable set on your telnet session.

OR

If you are on the same telnet session which installed CA Directory, manually source dxprofile.sh.

If you'd like to know where is dxprofile.sh; check your non root users .bash_profile file once CA Directory install is complete.

Regards

Hubert

• 8.  Re: CA Directory 14.0 installable

Posted Sep 25, 2018 06:50 PM

Below line is confusing me that i got from the CA install document. Installation is complete, I do not have any directory instances yet, trying to use the below command i see that message. 

/application/CA/Directory/dxserver/config/servers

bash-4.2$ ./dxserver start all
    Starting all dxservers
    config/servers: No such file or directory

Note : In non-root installation, dsas do not startup automatically as it does not support the 'Auto Start' option. Therefore, non-root users should manually start the dsas after installation. 

• 9.  Re: CA Directory 14.0 installable

Posted Oct 02, 2018 07:25 PM

Dennis,

Thanks for the inputs, could you please help with sequence of steps to source dxprofile.sh.

• 10.  Re: CA Directory 14.0 installable

Posted Oct 02, 2018 09:04 PM

SriRao

After install of CA Directory is completed. You can manually source it from this path. If your installation was done correctly, it should be added under .bash_profile of the OS user configured to run CA Directory.

<CA_Directory_install_home>/dxserver/install/.dxprofile

[cadir@linux ~]$
    [cadir@linux ~]$
    [cadir@linux ~]$ cat .bash_profile
    # .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
    if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
    . ~/.bashrc
    fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin

export PATH
    . /cadir_HomeDir/programfiles/CA/Directory/dxserver/install/.dxprofile
    [cadir@linux ~]$
    [cadir@linux ~]$

• 11.  Re: CA Directory 14.0 installable

Posted Oct 10, 2018 05:49 PM

Experts, Below are the services which were created.

user 59896 1 0 Oct09 ? 00:00:12 /application/CA/Directory/dxserver//bin/dxserver start capolstr1  ------- Policy Store
    user 61784 1 0 Oct09 ? 00:00:12 /application/CA/Directory/dxserver//bin/dxserver start cakeystore ------ Key Store

user 37375 1 0 Sep26 ? 00:00:16 /application/CA/Directory/management-ui/node.js/bin/node /application/CA/Directory/management-ui/node_modules/forever/bin/monitor ./bin/www
    user 37382 37375 0 Sep26 ? 00:06:13 /application/CA/Directory/management-ui/node.js/bin/node /application/CA/Directory/management-ui/bin/www

user 35432 1 0 Sep26 ? 00:03:47 dxserver start xxxx042-monitoring-management-ui  ---- Management UI
    user 35636 1 0 Sep26 ? 00:03:44 dxserver start xxxx042-management-ui

1) Need to access management UI -- an GUI interface that I can use to administer the above two stores.

2) Where is the path of my Policy and Key  stores.

3) Need to view the configurations of the stores,  how can I achieve it..

Inputs appreciated ! 

• 12.  Re: CA Directory 14.0 installable

Posted Nov 16, 2018 05:29 PM

Experts not able to connect to the ca directory stories via tools like apache directory studio / jexplorer.

https://hostname:3000/ 

connecting to management UI with admin account.

But not same cred's do not work for ldap browsing tools.. suggestions appreciated !

Thanks!

Sri