Clarity

• 1.  Adding Idea's to Programmes

Posted Sep 11, 2018 08:11 AM

Why are not all idea's available to add to a Programme via the Hierarchy - Add Child function?

• 2.  Re: Adding Idea's to Programmes

Posted Sep 11, 2018 08:40 AM

I have this same question and I would like to elaborate if that helps. Go to Programs to Hierarchy tab and you will see a Add child button. When selecting the child that you want to add, you will be able to see the categories of investments. Select IDEA from the list, and show all. 

Compare the number of Ideas with what you see in the Home --> Ideas list page --> Show all list. It might be a bit less than the earlier one. 

It does not depend on Idea status, that I just checked. Anyone knows anything on this?

• 3.  Re: Adding Idea's to Programmes

Posted Sep 11, 2018 05:42 PM

Could be because some of the Ideas may be part of a different entity than the Program.

• 4.  Re: Adding Idea's to Programmes
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 11, 2018 07:51 PM

As per the documentation, these are the rules:

"Project Investment Hierarchy

Add child investments, services, or ideas to your parent project to build your project investment hierarchy. The child investments, services, and ideas that you can add to your project hierarchy are limited by the following conditions:

• You have view access rights to the child investments, services, and ideas.
    • The child investments, services, and ideas are associated to the same entity as the parent project."

here's a link to the documentation in case you want more details: Manage Project Hierarchies. See the heading "Project Investment Hierarchy"

Thanks, Sarmistha

• 5.  Re: Adding Idea's to Programmes

Posted Sep 13, 2018 10:11 AM

Thanks very much for providing this solution and it is was the Entity / Department that had not been populated on the Programme