CA Service Management

• 1.  Closed Status Sync Error

Posted Sep 11, 2018 09:59 AM

Hey, guys,

The SDM Incident Configuration for status values have been set with the default values.

However, when the ticket is closed on the SDM side, the closed status is not synchronized in the USS / Catalog.

In attempting to troubleshoot the problem I ended up restarting the Catalog but the status still not be synchronized properly.

Are there any additional steps that I need to perform in order for the closed status to be synchronized?

• 2.  Re: Closed Status Sync Error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2018 10:47 AM

Hi Diego,

In SDM do you have the casc_aty_sync option installed with a value of CL added?

How to synchronize Ticket status Closed in SDM wit - CA Knowledge 

Thanks,

Scott

• 3.  Re: Closed Status Sync Error

Posted Sep 11, 2018 11:41 AM

Many thanks, guys!

After reinstall the value of option and add the 'LOG, CL' the status are synchronized perfectly!

• 4.  Re: Closed Status Sync Error

Posted Sep 12, 2018 09:29 AM

Hi johsc03!

I could not understand the reason, but when doing new tests today with tickets in CL and CNCL, the status are not having being replicated to the Catalog!

Yesterday when I did tests, the tickets had their status synchronized correctly, however to look today and perform new tests, the synchrony seems to be no longer working, even with the option casc_aty_sync installed, as shown:.

Option manager:

Is there anything I can do to find out where the error is?

The two tickets in CL and CNCL status:

• 5.  Re: Closed Status Sync Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2018 11:27 AM

Hi Diego,

You would also need to add CNCL to casc_aty_sync.

But if CL is no longer working there may be something in the SDM\logs\jstd.log and in view.log which notes why.

Thanks,

Scott

• 6.  Re: Closed Status Sync Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2018 11:31 AM

Hi Diego,

The SDM\logs\jstd.log and in view.log should have more information. Please take note of the time when closing the ticket in SDM and check if any error in that timeframe for jstd.log and view.log.

Regards,

Pablo

• 7.  Re: Closed Status Sync Error

Posted Sep 13, 2018 08:34 AM

Hi oyapa01!

I have read the logs file and when doing a new test the following error message appears:

09/13 09:25:18.513[Thread-2] ERROR CatalogServiceProcessor 119 Error synching status to Catalog. Exception occurred in updateRequestItemStatus: Exception=com.ca.usm.common.CommonException: You do not have access rights to view this request.:12493 Message=You do not have access rights to view this request.:12493

I could not understand for sure what might be happening! 

• 8.  Re: Closed Status Sync Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2018 09:23 AM

Hi Diego,

Perhaps the doc below can assist in which oyapa01 wrote

Service Catalog requests are not closing and the f - CA Knowledge 

Thanks,

Scott

• 9.  Re: Closed Status Sync Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2018 10:54 AM

Hi Diego,

The error means that the user who is closing the ticket in SDM does not have enough privileges to close the ticket in Catalog. The following doc should help:

Service Catalog requests are not closing and the f - CA Knowledge 

If the issue remains then we would need to identify which is the user closing the ticket (you can see this from the logs and/or from usp_itsm_msg_queue table (msg column, example: CASC-10380-10130@@@@@ServiceDesk in this case ServiceDesk user is trying to close the ticket)) and add the necessary privileges in Catalog.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pablo

• 10.  Re: Closed Status Sync Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2018 11:35 AM

Hi Diego,

The image provided from Catalog is to configure the behavior when closing a ticket in Catalog which has a SDM ticket associated (Catalog to SDM). Based on your feedback you want to close the ticket in Catalog from the SDM ticket (SDM to Catalog), so you close the ticket in SDM and then the ticket in Catalog is set to completed. If so, this is enable by default in the itsm.maj file and it will only work when using the CL status in SDM. If this is the case, then there might be an error in SDM\logs\jstd.log and in view.log.

Please check those logs in the timeframe when the ticket is closed in SDM.

Let me know the details of the error.

Regards,

Pablo