Clarity

• 1.  Delayed Update of Report Content from NIKU Schema

Posted Sep 11, 2018 03:35 PM

I have created a number of Domains on the NIKU schema (i.e., I use the Data Source CA PPM BEAN instead of the CA PPM DWH BEAN, because I want to query the real-time transactional tables, not the Data Warehouse tables) for internal reporting purposes.  No problem there.  However, when additional transactional data is entered that should impact the report content, it doesn't -- at least, not immediately.

In a Portlet, powered by a Query written on the NIKU schema, the modified data in the transactional tables  appears immediately.  Reports don't seem to work the same way -- there is a delay, sometimes minutes, sometimes hours, before the new data is visible in the report.

Is there some job that needs to run to make the new transactional data immediately available in the report?  Or some other setting that is causing a delay in the report recognizing and including the new data?  I'm baffled by this, so if anyone can offer some advice, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Alan Brobst

• 2.  Re: Delayed Update of Report Content from NIKU Schema

Posted Sep 11, 2018 10:32 PM

We have custom JasperSoft reports which are using CA PPM BEAN data source.  These do not experience data delay challenges which you are experiencing.  This are direct to PPM database tables.  I have not created Domains though.