CA Service Management

• 1.  Make Template with major_incident Checked

Posted Sep 11, 2018 01:02 PM

I am looking into allowing creation of templates with the field major_incident checked. First question I have is what is the reasoning for having this enabled to where no ticket templates can be created with this checked? We have them set to Cancelled so I can pull only active ones. If there is no real repercussion, would I just flip the "Yes" and "No" in the source code (if this is the place)?

<PDM_IF "$args.template_name" == "">
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlCheckbox hdr="External Impact" attr=major_incident evt="='crossval_tempate_name_major_incident(this);'" off="No" on="Yes">
    <PDM_ELSE>
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlCheckboxReadonly hdr="External Impact" attr=major_incident off="No" on="Yes">
    </PDM_IF>

• 2.  Re: Make Template with major_incident Checked

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2018 03:42 PM

Jessie, I am not sure why you would need to have a major incident as a template but I know currently SDM won't allow you to do that. I don't think you can modify some js/htmpl script to change this design. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Make Template with major_incident Checked

Posted Sep 12, 2018 09:01 AM

Thank you very much for the information. We have Major Incident locked (not viewable by other roles) except for the our NOC and Helpdesk to ensure that these are in compliance with Incident Management procedures. The NOC and Helpdesk are the only ones that can see and select it and there are numerous tickets daily that meet this criteria and it is an audit item to have it checked. If there was any way to allow this it would cut down on the time it takes to create these.

• 4.  Re: Make Template with major_incident Checked
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2018 09:34 AM

Jessie, please submit an idea so we can vote it up. Making a major incident as a template should be an option. Thanks _Chi