Clarity

• 1.  Colloboration Tab capablities

Posted Sep 12, 2018 11:25 AM

Hi this is Sathish and looking for information's on the colloboration tab in CA ppm, i would like to know if the colloboration tab can be used to carry out document approval workflows, and related capablities of the colloboration tab. We use clarity version 15.2 just in case if higher version can help.

• 2.  Re: Colloboration Tab capablities
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2018 01:36 PM

Hi Sathish,

There's a Document Review process/workflow available as part of the PMO Accelerator addin. I believe this process by default is On Hold, so if you did want to use it, it would just need to be activated. Here's a link to details on this process: PMO Document Review Process - CA PPM SaaS - 15.2 - CA Technologies Documentation

Also, here's some other documentation that provides some further details on the Collaboration Tab / Document functionality in PPM: Manage Project Participants - CA PPM SaaS - 15.2 - CA Technologies Documentation and Share and Search Documents - CA PPM SaaS - 15.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,
    Kristin Schroer

• 3.  Re: Colloboration Tab capablities

Posted Oct 31, 2018 11:01 AM

Hi Kristin,

Thank you for your suggestion, however I couldn't use this process as SMTP has been turned off in our environment due to clients requirements. So I've generated a custom process which will generate an email automatically to the business owner when the project manager submits a document and sets the documents status as 'submitted' and when the business owner changes the status of the document as "Approved" an email will be triggered back to the project manger(the custom process will send the collaboration tab link to the business owner in the email asking t approve).

this is the one I have right now , what iam looking for is the following

• Direct Document link has to be sent to the approvers so that the approver can approve the document in one click.
    • Document approval workflow must be carried out to approvers one by one in case of multiple approvers & each approvals has to be traced.
    • Approvals has to be stored inside clarity for audit purposes.

so kindly let me if there is an option to achieve the above points.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Sathish