Clarity

• 1.  Search Slowness in NUX v 15.3

Posted Sep 13, 2018 10:49 AM

Hi,

We have observed that search functionality is very slow in NUX. Searching a particular user in NUX takes lot of time to get that particular user's name returned in order to select the same.

Is the same is observed by others as well or there is any workaround available to improve the performance?

Regards,

Divyanshu Dhyani

• 2.  Re: Search Slowness in NUX v 15.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2018 10:58 AM

There is no single line answer of workaround, when you filter and it takes time we need to see how long the query executed in database and showed up in the UI. The search in old UI and NEW UI is not exactly the same or the same query which runs in background. 

• 3.  Re: Search Slowness in NUX v 15.3

Posted Sep 14, 2018 02:30 AM
      |   view attached

Thanks Suman!!

Can you please let me know where I can find the query which runs in the New UI?

Attached is the screenshot of the page where I'm trying to search a resource.

• 4.  Re: Search Slowness in NUX v 15.3
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2018 10:23 AM

There are couple of ways

1. Narrow down the slow pages to see which are actually slow by Running the Tomcat Analyze Job and see the top 20 slow actions portlet under log analysis

2. When you navigate to certain pages in new ux, use the browser console to see the pages which are slow and how much slow 

3. You can enable SQL trace to see how long query took time to execute at database 

4. If you are using Oracle as database, then you can query on the v$SESSION table and as soon as you hit the page you will see a row getting added and you will see SQLID you can run a explain plan on that query to see where its slow and how slow 

There are multiple ways to tackle performance issues and it could be App layer, Database layer or network layer and we need to take respective actions and take it from there. Also performance tuning is iterative exercise and there is no single point solution unfortunately  

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 5.  Re: Search Slowness in NUX v 15.3

Posted Sep 16, 2018 08:57 AM

Thanks Suman!!

• 6.  Re: Search Slowness in NUX v 15.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2018 11:34 AM

Hi Divyanshu,

I have sent you a potential fix via case you opened, please try the same and let me know.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 7.  Re: Search Slowness in NUX v 15.3

Posted Sep 22, 2018 09:45 AM

Thanks Suman. Performance is better after applying the fix.