Service Virtualization

• 1.  Change Execution Mode for all services at once

Posted Sep 13, 2018 12:19 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to find a button in Portal to change Execution Mode for all services at once.

Ex: Select all services and change the execution mode from 'Efficient' to 'Stand In'.

Or an alternate option?

Thanks,

John

• 2.  Re: Change Execution Mode for all services at once

Posted Sep 13, 2018 05:51 PM

I did some research and could not find an option available with Portal or command line to update the execution mode for all the services at once.

I am thinking this option is not available because Stand in, Live and Learning mode are not options for a service that does not contain a Live Invocation step. In that case, just MOST EFFICIENT would be the available option for execution mode.

Heloisa

• 3.  Re: Change Execution Mode for all services at once

Posted Sep 13, 2018 11:39 PM

Agree with the second statement, however it's very time consuming to switch between different modes often, especially when there are 50+ services

I could see you have posted some command line solution for this few months back, I tried however not getting the exact command.

Automate "Execution Mode" - Portal 

Thanks,

John

• 4.  Re: Change Execution Mode for all services at once
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 14, 2018 12:25 PM

Hello John,

You could try something like this to change the execution mode for one VSM:

./VSEManager --vse tcp://VSEServerAddress:2013/VSE -u username -p password --set-exec-mode VSMName --mode LIVE

In this example, I am changing the VSM VSMName to live.

You can also set the execution mode in the project.config file that is deployed with the VSE.

By default, the property lisa.vse.execution.mode is set to EFFICIENT. You can change it to STAND_IN and the VSM, using this project.config file, will be deployed using the STAND IN mode.

Thank you,

Heloisa

• 5.  Re: Change Execution Mode for all services at once

Posted Sep 14, 2018 01:02 PM

Hi Heloisa,

Thanks for the options.

I tried the command line, it worked, however still I would need to execute one by one.

Changing the config file, would still need to deploy all the services individually. 

John