DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How can I map the remote sqlserver metrics to the robot with the sqlserver probe deploy in USM

• 1.  How can I map the remote sqlserver metrics to the robot with the sqlserver probe deploy in USM

Posted Sep 13, 2018 05:13 AM

I have a remote sqlserver monitoring profile that is discovered as a device in USM. I want to delete the device in the USM and map the sqlserver metrics to the robot that has the sqlserver deployed.How can I do it?

• 2.  Re: How can I map the remote sqlserver metrics to the robot with the sqlserver probe deploy in USM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2018 02:13 AM

Which device entry (other than probe running Robot itself) currently own sqlserver metrics ?

• 3.  Re: How can I map the remote sqlserver metrics to the robot with the sqlserver probe deploy in USM

Posted Sep 14, 2018 03:14 AM

Hi,

The sqlserver metrics currently is link to the sqlserver hostname device discovered by discovery server probe.

I want to map the sqlserver metrics to the robot with the sqlserver probe deploy in USM.

Regards

Guan Hua

• 4.  Re: How can I map the remote sqlserver metrics to the robot with the sqlserver probe deploy in USM

Posted Sep 14, 2018 03:46 AM

Hi,

I have a few sqlserver probe monitoring sqlserver in other robots.

The remaining connection are using sqlserver name.

This problem on affected connection using sqlserver\instances name and none is mapping to the robot with the sqlserver probe deployed.

Regards

Guan Hua

• 5.  Re: How can I map the remote sqlserver metrics to the robot with the sqlserver probe deploy in USM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2018 05:18 AM

Thank you for reply. In your case, sqlserver probe is up in box A (robot device) and the probe monitors box B(db box)

In USM portal, db metrics is visible when you drill down into box B.

Are you trying to say how to view the same db metrics when you drill down into box A ?

If I am correct, unfortunately not possible.

In CA UIM, metric is owned by device. In this senario, metric owner is box B. Sorry this is how the product work.

• 6.  Re: How can I map the remote sqlserver metrics to the robot with the sqlserver probe deploy in USM

Posted Sep 14, 2018 08:28 AM

Hi,

Is there some way to force correlation between box A (robot device) and the probe monitors box B(dbbox).

• 7.  Re: How can I map the remote sqlserver metrics to the robot with the sqlserver probe deploy in USM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2018 10:50 PM

Thank you for response. I don't think it is possible.

• 8.  Re: How can I map the remote sqlserver metrics to the robot with the sqlserver probe deploy in USM

Posted Oct 02, 2018 10:34 PM

I saw in Device Correlation Configuration - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation that it mention : RobotInstanceId is specified as a decorrelation property for all rules except CorrelationId to prevent two robot devices from correlating. This property is not needed in most environments but protects against environments where multiple robots are hosted on one system.

Currently with the snmp authentication v2 by discovery_agent of only box A (robot device)  it cause B(dbbox) and box D (dbbox)  identified as other ip address field box A (robot device) on the USM which is pretty ok.

But box D (dbbox) is monitor through BoxC (robot device x.x.x.2) . Can I some use the RobotInstanceId to achieve the correct db metrics drill down view into box A and box C ?

• 9.  Re: How can I map the remote sqlserver metrics to the robot with the sqlserver probe deploy in USM

Posted Oct 03, 2018 11:36 PM

After using cm_import_data to import data for the robot with below attributes information of sql device merge into Robot and the sql device disappeared from USM search.

This will have more control than snmp authentication.

ElementUUID=robot cs_key

PrimaryIPv4Address=robot PrimaryIPv4Address

Origin=robot origin

OtherMacAddress= sql PrimaryMacAddress

OtherIPAddress=sql PrimaryIPv4Address

• 10.  Re: How can I map the remote sqlserver metrics to the robot with the sqlserver probe deploy in USM

Posted Sep 27, 2018 08:40 AM

Hi, 

After turning on discovery agent to discover this four devices with successful snmp authentication box B(dbbox) and box D (dbbox) are gone from the USM. Both dbbox metrics are now map to BoxA (robot device x.x.x.1 ) .

Now in the USM detail tab of BoxA other ip address field shows the Box B and Box D ip address.

• 11.  Re: How can I map the remote sqlserver metrics to the robot with the sqlserver probe deploy in USM

Posted Sep 14, 2018 07:07 AM

Hi,

Yes is a you describe sqlserver probe is up in BoxA (robot device x.x.x.1 ) and the probe monitors BoxB(db box x.x.x.13 )

In USM portal, db metrics is visible when I drill down into box B. In the qos source field is BoxA (robot device x.x.x.1 ).

BoxA has a cluster node BoxC (robot device x.x.x.2)  and the probe monitors BoxD (db box x.x.x.14) .

Both BoxB and BoxD are discovered as a hostname device by usm during discovery without discovery agent probe turn on.

After I enable the discovery agent to scan the network with all 4 ip address include, BoxD (db box x.x.x.14) hostname is usm is gone and metrics maps BoxA (robot device x.x.x.1 ) .

Which is weird as source indicate is BoxC (robot device x.x.x.2).

BoxD (db box x.x.x.14) still remains as a hostname device in USM with the sqlserver metrics map.

Below are my version installed

CA UIM version 8.5

Discovery server probe version 8.5

Discovery agent probe version 8.5

Regards

Guan Hua